Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2004, 04:10 PM   #1
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I posted this in another thread but not many people will see it there. So I thought i'd make it a bit more obvious for people who wanted to know how things are goin for my bro Brad (Lavi)

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Brad, or Lavindathar, has become a cross between the avon lady and a sailor and joined the merchant navy. He's been on a ship for the past 5 months so I havent seen him lately. Sailing about the far east alot Singapore/Hong Kong those kind of places. I think he's enjoying it but even when he was back here he didnt come on much. He signed up to a fiesta forum though and was rarely seen off it. He's a proper boy racer! And what made me laugh is (for those who remember) he stole Slackerboy's name and sig for it! (Oh the cheek!) I Guess lavindathar wasn't cool enough for the boy racer fellows!

He's enjoying it though, as I hear from emails so I reckon he'll stick at it.

At A boy. I don't miss the arguments with him one bit though [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I have a couple of friends who work offshore too. They're always gone gor 3-4 months, and then they're off for a week or 6, with a truckload of money in their pockets. There's not much you can spend your salary on while you're at sea. My friends could buy boxes of beer on the ship, but not unlimited of course. They're there to work, not to party.

Tell your bro i said hi. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2004, 05:22 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

at least he is not in a car this time
Old 07-06-2004, 12:50 AM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Right on! Sounds like a really interesting way to make a living. So you think he's going to make a career of this? Or just do it temporarily for the cash and travel opportunities?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:28 AM   #5
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Cool, say hi for us!
Old 07-06-2004, 06:14 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

Why is a certain YMCA song playing in my head [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] Tell him hello from A fellow Lancashire lad down under. And if he ever sails into woolloomooloo Sydney he owes me a beer

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-06-2004, 01:48 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
Lol, it'll be the first tanker you've ever seen with a spoiler, vents and go faster stripes [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2004, 01:50 AM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
Lol, it'll be the first tanker you've ever seen with a spoiler, vents and go faster stripes [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Ahh yes, I knew that name sounded familiar

Tell him we said hi Beau, best wishes on the open seas [img]smile.gif[/img]