Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2001, 12:15 AM   #1
Kryndath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read somewhere--long ago and I can't remember where--that there were only 1,000 Flaming Fist Enforcers coded in the game, and that once these enforcers were all slain no further ones would appear or spawn in.

Is this true, or am I just really gullible? My reasoning/wishful thinking behind this is the background notes the FF has 1,000 members...

If anyone has any info about this, whether affirm or deny it, I'd be grateful for any assistance.....

------------------
"He who controls the past, controls the present. He who controls the present, controls the future."

(G. Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four)

[This message has been edited by Kryndath (edited 07-08-2001).]
Kryndath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 07:22 AM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

But do you have time to kill 1,000 FF?

------------------
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 12:01 PM   #3
Kryndath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LoL!!

Fair point...but you'd be amazed at the rate that a single Cloudkill can kill off FF in the area that they respawn...

And Skull Traps/Glyphs of Warding/etc are created again in the same place IF (and only if) they are set off by a creature spawning *into* the area.

Spoiler-ish
I found this out by accident when I walked into a FF ambush by exiting the Thieves Guild through the door next to Black Lily. (This is, of course, in Chapter 7 when the FF are houdning you in their hundreds.) When you exit onto the street, the screen is filled with what must be at least a hundred FF--a perfect opportunity to get some revenge for being hounded.

For what its worth & in the off chance that anybody's interested, this is how I planned to beat them. There are some crates and barrels stuck in a corner to your left; I just moved the party behind them, set two fighters at each entrance and bam you're set in for the duration with next to no way for the FF to dislodge you. Set the mages a-casting away w/ aforementioned Cloudkill, Skull Trap, Web, Fireball, any area effect weapon and you'll be racking up the kills in minutes, if not the XP (each FF worth 15 XP when they die). You could cast a cloudkill with webs to hold the FF in place, go off to make lunch and come back 15 minutes later and still be in no danger.

Only thing is that if they *are* endless then you (and I!) are wasting your time. If they're not though, its a useful way of making the rest of your stay easier in the city without running or ducking into the sewers all the time. (Changing disks is a pain, not to mention that I don't have a map of the sewers either.)

All this without cheating! (And I play an wholly evil party, so its all in character too. )

------------------
"He who controls the past, controls the present. He who controls the present, controls the future."

(G. Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four)

[This message has been edited by Kryndath (edited 07-09-2001).]
Kryndath is offline   Reply With Quote