Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-18-2002, 10:10 AM   #111
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Senegal should eat Turkey for breakfast.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-18-2002, 10:11 AM   #112
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I think the other host will be eliminated today as well, let's be realistic, the chance they beat Italy is one in a million. The Italians don't even have to be in top shape to make it to the next round.

YOU WERE SAYING?!?!

Like I said before...all bets are off in this World Cup.

Be happy, johnny...with Hiddink the Dutch have a (remote) connection to the WC...

Old 06-18-2002, 10:13 AM   #113
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Excellent work by Korea ^-^ [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Now, all we need is for the Samba Maestros to play the "beautiful game" the way it's supposed to be played on Friday. Memories of 1970 anyone??????

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-18-2002, 10:13 AM   #114
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Well..what do you say? Korea is definetly not a team you wanna underestimate, that's for sure.
This is a very entertaining WC indeed
Old 06-18-2002, 10:14 AM   #115
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Trap f##ked up bigtime when he yanked Del Piero early. I've been waiting for Italy's negative, defensive tactics to work against them. It nearly worked against Spain against Ireland.

Also, a bit of arrogance from Trap in not sending on Montella or Inzaghi in extra time - I guess once Totti went Trap got a bit conservative.

Old 06-18-2002, 10:18 AM   #116
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Boo to the Ecuadorian ref. Yet again Italia fall foul of unfair, false and felonious decisions.
Italy deserve all they get in my opinion. They have all the skill but once they go a goal up they fall back into the same old defensive habits. It happened against Croatia nad it happened against Korea.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-18-2002, 10:19 AM   #117
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
LOL Memnoch, have you heard the things happening to Hiddink ? They wanna make a statue for him, The people want him to be their next president and they want him to become a Korean citizen, but the most important of all : there is FREE beer for him for as long as he lives, offered by a hotel !!! MAN, i wish i was Hiddink !
Old 06-18-2002, 10:25 AM   #118
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
That is odd on ESPN's "Pardon the Interuption" they reported that the Cup has higher ratings than the NBA Final.
I really doubt that unless they are talking about worldwide. The most-watched soccer game in the U.S.A. before the mexico match was the match between England and Sweden on June 2, which pulled in nearly 2.1 million viewers on ABC. USA vs PORTUGAL had slightly less. The population of the U.S.A. is about 278,058,881 (July 2001 est.)

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/new...ws4friday.html

Donut the scary thing is I can actually see bush saying that
[/QUOTE]Hmm that article said 2 million watched the US play Portugual how many watched LA v NJ must have bene less than 2 million if espn is correct
Old 06-18-2002, 10:27 AM   #119
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
We're ready for the quarter-finals

Germany - USA
England - Brazil
Spain - South Koraa
Senegal - Turkey

The teams that have been mentioned first are my favourites for the respective games - feel free to comment [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well I would reverse the firt one to USA beats Germany
and the second one to Sk over Spain

[ 06-18-2002, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Lanthir ]
Old 06-18-2002, 10:27 AM   #120
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Boo to the Ecuadorian ref. Yet again Italia fall foul of unfair, false and felonious decisions.
Italy deserve all they get in my opinion. They have all the skill but once they go a goal up they fall back into the same old defensive habits. It happened against Croatia nad it happened against Korea.[/QUOTE]Totally agree - it happened against Ecuador as well (no inference intended). Italy can play the most amazing football, but they all fall into the trap of playing the way the Serie A is played - every defensively and very negatively. They had Korea on the rack in the first half, they should have really rammed home the advantage. To pull off Del Piero and replace him with a midfielder, when you have forwards the caliber of Montella and Inzaghi on the bench, is just incredible.

I almost wish I spoke Italian - I'd love to visit the Gazetta Del Sport website and read some of the articles in the coming days.

I hope ESPANA take nothing for granted against Korea - they're not half as good at the back as Korea is, and they were guilty of playing negatively against Ireland. On the other hand, Spain can attack, and attack well.