Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2001, 09:35 AM   #11
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

deja vu again

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-25-2001, 09:40 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

For people who are wondering why all this is happening? Beefed up mods etc?

Check these links. I'm quite upset as I thought we had all resolved the issue and were prepared to shake hands on it.

But then, KABOOM!!!!!! Read the post I asterisked below and tell me precisely when the tone started to change. TELL ME!!

In order:

http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No.../001123-3.html
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001273.html
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001274.html*
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001275.html

I'm not asking people to take sides or believe me. I'm asking you to read and make your own honest conclusions and tell us what we should've done differently.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-25-2001).]
Old 05-25-2001, 09:45 AM   #13
Sir_Tainly

Ken is paranoid, seriously, whatever was said he took it personally, even Az's welcome thread he took as an insult. Memnoch I thought you were very reasonable, and he was still thinking you were getting at him. He is one sick individual and I'm glad he isn't comming back, I have no intention to visit teamBG again, they can go hang. If I want the utils, I have friends who get those, so I'll just get them from them.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 05-25-2001, 09:48 AM   #14
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I didn't care for Ken's comments before so I decided to ignore it

right or wrong, mods took action before crap hit the fan.

Old 05-25-2001, 09:58 AM   #15
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Personally I think you did the right thing Ziroc. yoric nailed it right on the head. I said I thought it was a load of crap and Ken started making comments about if it hurt my eyes I should go read somewhere else. Thats what got me a little pissed off.

I know Ive only been posting here for about a week and I dont know many of you very well if at all. But the people that I have had the pleasure of chatting with all seem very nice and when I saw Ken attacking you Ziroc I took offense to it whether it was my place to or not. I like this post and I like the people in it. This is one of, if not the coolest, sites Ive ever seen. We all come from different walks of life but we all have one thing in common... we like bg2. People have been very friendly and helpful to me here and I truly do apprecitate it.

I didnt appreciate Ken coming in here and ragging you Ziroc. And even after we tried being nice he had to start on it again.

I think you did right. Unfortunately ip banning him might have banned LN as well. But if thats the case you know he wont be using her computer to start in on it again. My guess is shes on the tail end of the DSL network. So be it.

Fortunately tomorrow is another day and we can start anew. I for one will be glad to put this behind me and go back to having fun here. Thats what its all about.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 10:11 AM   #16
Black Knight

I personally think this is one of the funniest pieces of crap I've EVER seen. Caleb might be the resident Orifice, but he didn't start it ... Ken was the one who started the physical threats ...

This is one of my favs:
Quote:
*I* am not the one making false claims and ordering people to attack!

You late nighters get ALL the fun ...
Old 05-25-2001, 10:18 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Earthdog, sorry you got caught in the crossfire there, mate!

------------------
Old 05-25-2001, 10:34 AM   #18
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

No problem mate. Ive been in enough chatrooms and seen enough jerks. Ive learned that the best way to get rid of them is to give them a taste of their own medicine. After reading what Ziroc put up about the emails stating that Ken was going to delete all of the Ironworks links and how Ken got banned from another site it made it even more obvious as to why he got banned in the first place. I wonder how many more he can get banned from by years end.

Maybe I have a mental problem too. I cant sit by and watch somebody rag on people that I like. Im not a bystander and never have been. I wont let anyone I know (even if its not very well) get crapped on by some jerk who has no right to do it anyway.

I defend my own. I always have and I always will.

But thanks Memnoch. I just hope noone thinks I was out of place. I think youre a righteous dude.

Live long and prosper.

May all your days be filled with love and happiness and may the only tears you shed be tears of joy.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 10:40 AM   #19
Black Knight

I hate to say it, but I DO think Ken had some valid points here. I know that some of us tried to welcome him and be nice, but others didn't take quite the same tact. I admit that some of the flamitory remarks were Freaking HILARIOUS, but they did not help the situation any. I think there are a few personal issues out there that need to be dealt with on a one to one basis. I'm not saying Ken is without his faults, but he wasn't the only one who came off sounding like they had a chip on his shoulder. The thought that he was a guest over here was stated several times. Yes, it means that he doesn't have the power to critque our conduct by banning/closing threads/editing posts, but it also means HE IS A GUEST. And he wasn't treated as such at times.

Remember, some people are easy to get along with, and others are a cross you have to bear. I would just like to think that Ironworks people can rise above the pettiness I saw and not result to insults. I'm not saying that I could have turned the other cheek and not retorted to his comments, I'm just saying that I'm sorry that this all happened and couldn't be dealt with in a more conductive manner.

One good thing that came out of all of this was my newest favorite acronym ... WTF!

BK
Old 05-25-2001, 10:44 AM   #20
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Personally I think you did the right thing Ziroc. yoric nailed it right on the head. I said I thought it was a load of crap and Ken started making comments about if it hurt my eyes I should go read somewhere else. Thats what got me a little pissed off.

I know Ive only been posting here for about a week and I dont know many of you very well if at all. But the people that I have had the pleasure of chatting with all seem very nice and when I saw Ken attacking you Ziroc I took offense to it whether it was my place to or not. I like this post and I like the people in it. This is one of, if not the coolest, sites Ive ever seen. We all come from different walks of life but we all have one thing in common... we like bg2. People have been very friendly and helpful to me here and I truly do apprecitate it.

I didnt appreciate Ken coming in here and ragging you Ziroc. And even after we tried being nice he had to start on it again.

I think you did right. Unfortunately ip banning him might have banned LN as well. But if thats the case you know he wont be using her computer to start in on it again. My guess is shes on the tail end of the DSL network. So be it.

Fortunately tomorrow is another day and we can start anew. I for one will be glad to put this behind me and go back to having fun here. Thats what its all about.
Thanks for the comments Earth Dog, I did try to call a truce, but he kept on, and on.. I didn't want to ban him.. and I hope LN didn't get banned as a result.

PS: Something fishy guys-- I just got an email from someone asking if I knew that a few portraits were copyrighted by Larry Elmore.. Heh, thing is, I asked Larry personally if I could make them (He's a totally cool guy), I'm an artist too, and we both grew up in KY! (I think it's from KY).. anyway, I wonder if SOMEONE is 'trying' to get me in trouble.. In any case, I did a website for the LARGEST Law firm here, and I'm sure they would defend me for a huge discount

BTW, Larry Elmore allows use of his Images..