Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 04:07 PM   #31
Lucre
Elminster

NOW IS IT THE BIGGEST THREAD?
Old 01-31-2001, 04:25 PM   #32
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I guess I've answered a version of this thread before but I'll go again. I'm from Charlotte, NC, originally from Springfield, VA but have lived all over the US and several countries. I speak a VERY limited spannish but need to learn more. It would help in my job. I plan to visit the UK as soon as I pay off my @#$$%&* credit card that I used to buy this nice computer so I could play Baldurs Gate.
Old 01-31-2001, 04:36 PM   #33
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Charlie:
Thanks for all of the info. I am guessing that your brother either worked for or with Northwest Airlines if he was in Eagan (only a guess)? I actually have quite a bit of tourist info on London, but I am looking for more "living" info. I cannot find a book or brochure or anything on what it is like to live in London, only on what it is like to visit (doesn't anyone move there?). Things like transportation, housing, banking......etc. No hard info needed just a local perspective. Also, I am admitting my lack of forum knowledge here, but how do you find someone's email address on here? Thanks again for the info.
Old 01-31-2001, 04:39 PM   #34
Demus

jeez, ive seen this post a few times before

Well, anyway, I'm from England, or more specifically Hertfordshire which is a county fairly near London.

Old 01-31-2001, 05:23 PM   #35
Charlie
Lord Ao

Moridin.

You can find out a little about the people on the boards (email, hobbies etc) by clicking on the profile icon in the top left of someones post.

I understand what you're saying regarding info' on settling. I am (or should be) in Croydon tommorow which is where the countries immigration office is. I'll pop in and see if there's any generalized info' available that I may be able to send you. These things are too personalised and subjective for me to say "this is the way it is" regarding London and the home counties. A fact finding mission may be a good idea and no doubt one you've considered. Anyway, I'll see if there's anything there as I say.

Bang on target re my brother. He owns and runs the second largest flight sim website in the world - http://www.frugalsworld.com His principle staff are commercial airline captains and top gun pilots. He flew out to meet them all and chew the fat with them. That meeting took place in Eagan Mpls.....good call,spot on.

Demus.

I know Hertfordshire pretty well, beautiful county. I used to fish a hell of a lot many, many moons ago, mainly in Cuffley, Northaw, Hitchin, Hatfield and Stevenage, one of my very best muckers hails from Stevenage but now lives here in London. My brothers wife still does some charity work in Stevenage on a weekly basis, mainly collecting donations from clubs such as Pulse, Vogue and Renaissance....small world eh.
Old 01-31-2001, 05:47 PM   #36
Absynthe

Hello all, I'm from Snohomish, WA. US. about 30 miles north of Seattle.
Draconia - This would be a great place to move if you could convince your hubby.
Turbovee - I drive a 1969 Type III and love it. Great cars.
Yorick - What equipment do you use? I work at Mackie Designs, let me know if you want some info on our stuff, it's pretty good gear.

And everybody - Thanks for keeping this such a great place to talk, even though i'm usually not posting much, I really enjoy the interaction.

Old 01-31-2001, 06:24 PM   #37
Malla Gabriel

I'm late to this thread but will repliey anyway. I come from a town in the emerald Isle know mainly for cows made of concrete and roundabouts but have citizenship in both England and Germany.
While i could speak a little German before i tryed to learn it at school i can bearly understand a word of it now.

Old 01-31-2001, 07:23 PM   #38
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Decided to add my 2 cents in case anyone missed my references of where I'm from in other posts! I live in north central Minnesota U.S.A. in a relatively small town, population about 18,000 when the local University is in session. I learned a smattering of Arabic when I was in Peace Corps Yemen 20 years ago. I met my husband there. He's fluent in Arabic, which has helped me to maintain my smattering. One thing about languages is - you lose them if you don't use them!!

That's enough eh?
Old 01-31-2001, 07:48 PM   #39
Charlie
Lord Ao

Moridin.

Dunno why I didn't think of it earlier and maybe you've tried it but http://www.londontown.com/ has a ton of stuff aimed primarily at the tourist market. However, there are bulletin boards upon which you may be able to pose specific questions and maybe someone a little more used to dealing with enquiries of your kind may be able to point you in the right directions.....justathought.
Old 02-01-2001, 02:50 AM   #40
barbucha

Hi all!

I am from Most, Czech Republic.