Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2003, 10:38 PM   #11
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

there are those super duper caffeine energy drinks (they taste awful to me) thatll keep you up.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:50 AM   #12
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I've heard these work wonders
http://www.pccasegear.com/category49_1.htm
Old 11-23-2003, 08:44 AM   #13
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Bring plenty of each of the following items:

1. coffee
2. cigarette
3. candy
4. chewing gum

... hey, everything on the list seems to start with "c".
Old 11-23-2003, 01:15 PM   #14
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
Bring plenty of each of the following items:

1. coffee
2. cigarette
3. candy
4. chewing gum

... hey, everything on the list seems to start with "c".
1. I don't like coffee.
2. ... I'm 12... and don't plan on smoking [img]tongue.gif[/img]
3. Tried that today, it works.
4. It works as well.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-23-2003, 01:16 PM   #15
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Coffee and cigarettes are a bit of a no go. The smell would give you away.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-23-2003, 01:19 PM   #16
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Oh, okay. Anyway, I have never been to hunting before but I had quite a lot of fishing trips during my youth and those are in fact the few key "ingredients" that I brought to keep me from falling asleep.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:33 PM   #17
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

Hunting is so fun anyway i say bring a gameboy that may be fun [img]smile.gif[/img] otherwise bring Caffeine pills >_> they are legal right? they keep you up pretty good dont eat to many tough i dont think that is 2 good for yoy O_o
Old 11-23-2003, 01:41 PM   #18
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
Hunting is so fun anyway i say bring a gameboy that may be fun [img]smile.gif[/img] otherwise bring Caffeine pills >_> they are legal right? they keep you up pretty good dont eat to many tough i dont think that is 2 good for yoy O_o
That's just too extreme, he's 12, remember . Taking caffeine pills isn't good for someone over 18 in the first place, so giving them to someone younger than 18 is even worse. I say shoot at the ground whenever you start getting sleepy so that the sound wakes you up [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 11-23-2003, 08:04 PM   #19
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
That's just too extreme, he's 12, remember . Taking caffeine pills isn't good for someone over 18 in the first place, so giving them to someone younger than 18 is even worse. I say shoot at the ground whenever you start getting sleepy so that the sound wakes you up [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]And waste good bullets?! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I think I found what will wake me up, if I see a deer, even a small glimspe, wham I'm awake. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-24-2003, 11:38 AM   #20
quietman1920

Wet-Blanket Post:

Yes, this post is a Nag-Nag-Nag post...I warn you now before you read it.

Someguy, I know that you are a responsible person. I know this because it takes more to own a gun than $100 and a box of bullets. It takes responsibility and a strong will to wield a firearm in safety...and since you have one, I know that this is a given.

My question is this: Is it really responsible to handle a loaded firearm in a severely sleep deprived state? Switching gears, I know that you would agree with me that alcohol & firearms don't mix. And I'm not saying you drink. But a severe lack of sleep could affect your aim, your physical response time, and possibly more. Lets say you started to drift off. Your eyes start to blink, you shift your body to get comfortable. And then you fall out of the tree, your back hits the ground, your fingers involuntarily contract at the impact, and off goes a 30.06 Round of Death to parts unknown. Possibly towards someone you care about.

Sure, that's an unfair scenario, but life's unfair and bullets aren't forgiving. Please promise us you won't handle a loaded weapon while sleep deprived. (Its why good hunters go to bed early, btw.)