Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-31-2001, 10:52 PM   #11
Charlie
Lord Ao

I usually find that you can have a day in the boozer of your choice, a greasy chinese take away and a case full of lager to take home for you and your mates to share when the pub shuts can all be accomodated for under two hundred quid. Fantastic value for money with a dirty great hangover thrown in for good measure to help you remember that "special day".

Eh...the missus...Oh sorry, of course, of course.

I jest, obviously.
I wouldn't really buy a chinese.
Old 01-31-2001, 10:57 PM   #12
turbovee
Elminster

I would! only after I burned the dinner I tried to cook which is very likely.
Old 02-01-2001, 03:32 AM   #13
draconia

That is the perfect day Turbovee. My husband does that for me on my birthday and Mother's day.
Black Knight, I would really suggest what Turbovee does for his wife. I love it when my husband does that. He doesn't even have to buy me a thing and I am just happy that he does what he does because it means that he loves me enough to do all of that for me.
This year, hubby will be gone so I will spend Valentine's day without him. But I am not sad because I know that he will make it up to me on Saturday.

Old 02-01-2001, 05:13 AM   #14
Moiraine
Anubis

Yes !!! The 'perfect day' is definitely the best gift you can give her. With all your heart.

Alas I have married a 'scientific-minded' guy ... Those think that, they love you, so there is no need of any other proof, is there ? My hubbie kept forgetting Valentine's day every year ... until I told him last year that if he did again, I would take my Visa Card and his and disappear for a full day and spend all our savings ! (And he DID NOT forget this time ...)
Old 02-01-2001, 06:00 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well, congratulations to you friend. i think that if she knows you, everything you do out of your heart for her will be appreciated, Turbovee seemed to have some useful tips too, he have to find me someone to love and practice them

Good luck!
Old 02-01-2001, 06:55 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Moiraine: LOL! I just bet he won't forget again too soon! hahahaha!
Old 02-01-2001, 02:42 PM   #17
BLACK KNIGHT

Thanks all. I think I will go for the day Turbovee suggested. And no I am not going to Propose. I have a hard time saying the word mmm m mmmmaarrr . . . the "m" word, let alone actually asking her. Was burnt once and am slow to get on one knee because of it. Which is fine with my Ladyfriend 'cause she is still in college. The horticultural museum sounds interesting, but I don't think either of use would like it for very long. There are a few outside parks full of flowers but . . . hmmmmm . . . middle of February . . . 25 degrees F . . . maybe not . . . but thanks for all the ideas. Keep 'em coming, please. If I can't use 'em, others will!!

BK

Old 02-01-2001, 05:50 PM   #18
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Geeze what ever happened to giving your girl a case of beer (with a ribbon around it of course) and a nice Ozzy Osbourne cd? It always works for me. I think. Hmmm, I'm trying to remember, maybe it didnt work. Matter of fact go ahead and forget what I said. I think I got my face slapped and kicked in the nuts. Sorry, cant help
Old 02-02-2001, 12:46 AM   #19
BLACK KNIGHT

Lord Al, of course you got slapped. Only a six-pack? Not only are ya being cheap, but you are also insulting her drinking ablility, too. Now a case of New Castles . . . now we are talking . . .

BK