Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2001, 05:28 PM   #1
Maximus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I went to the village, talked to the Shaman. I didn't get the Magik staff or the bag of yellow. I killed the Sabbans Evil and touched the toadem poll. Then I went back to the Shaman and he is still asking me to help him. What's wrong?
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 05:32 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well - Did each of your characters touch the Totem? (especially the one speaking to Shinwiki) or perhaps you haven't hit upon the correct trigger word yet? - Go back and check the area again - it's probably something minor that somehow you've managed to miss or not trigger.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 04:23 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

That happened to me and someone else lately too. One thing we shared: we hadn't completed the crypt yet; had not yet even spoken to Scabban, let alone killed him.
So you did get the message from the game that all evils are dead? Did you already finish the crypt and did you kill Scabban?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 04:20 PM   #4
Maximus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nope, I haven't been in the Crypt yet I went straight to the village. Thanks for your help. I'll try the crypt and see what happens.
Old 02-07-2001, 04:31 PM   #5
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Maximus,

did you have a &%$#ing Toad that wouldn't get out of your way? If so how did you get around him.

Meow

(I am beginning to hate Frogs)
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 10:41 PM   #6
Maximus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I felt like killing the poor stupid bastard but I finally got around him by backing up until I got to an open space and going around him.
Old 02-09-2001, 12:42 AM   #7
carg
The Magister

Meow, you'd better dump your paladin I think: the guy will be feeling terrible remorse for the rest of the adventure, and will be hopeless in any dubious fight from now on.

OK, after killing Shabban's Evils for the Shaman, and not getting my just reward, I went back to the crypt, and finished the asylum, talking a bit to Scabban but not killing him. Back to Toad Village, but still no recognition of my brave act. Well, poor Scabban will have to suffer for the furthering of science, but even after I killed him and went back to Shinwiki: nothing. Perhaps I shouldn't have killed Shabban's evils before hearing of their existance from their creator or something. Anyway: close but no sigar for my pixie and gnome.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2001, 09:31 AM   #8
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

On the other thread that I started seeking help with the Toad Village I announced that I finally went on Toad Rage and killed just about all of them. It was kind of anti-climatic since they are pretty weak and my characters were strong enough that the Scabban guys were easy.

Now I am wondering what that will do in the rest of the game. It doesn't seem to hurt my Paladin that he was involved in this 'evil' act. I hope I do not need Shinwicki or the rest later on.
meow is offline   Reply With Quote