Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-09-2003, 06:37 PM   #1
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Just a wonderin.
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 03:59 AM   #2
Raistlin Majere
Ra

yes, it should be safe. i once created an item of my own, gave it to a creature so he would drop it, and it worked fine.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 04:40 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

What do you want to do? Make a Goblin to drop Carsomyr?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 06:54 AM   #4
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

No, no. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just to have someone drop a custom item.
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 06:01 PM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Well, goblins already drop Composite Longbows that my warrior cannot use!
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:55 PM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Well, goblins already drop Composite Longbows that my warrior cannot use! [/QUOTE]Thats because goblins use their entire body for shooting arrows, whilst your warrior is probably too big or too fat
Old 07-10-2003, 09:47 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It's also worth using, in order to "legally" obtain some of the worthwhile items that you can see in Shadowkeeper, but were never implemented into the game itself (such as the Shazellim scimitar, and those two decent Bastard Swords).
Old 07-11-2003, 02:52 AM   #8
McHaggis
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
It's also worth using, in order to "legally" obtain some of the worthwhile items that you can see in Shadowkeeper, but were never implemented into the game itself (such as the Shazellim scimitar, and those two decent Bastard Swords).
Bastard Swords? What bastard swords? Tell me, tell me. I'm a huge fan of bastard swords. I guess I could find them by glancing through the game files but I'm just too lazy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:09 AM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

We must fight our lazyness all the time!
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:39 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Oh....one was called "Taragarth" and the other's name had something to do with bears....it was called "Bruinen" or something similar. Bother are +2 enchanted, and one of them confers Non-Detection and some Fire Resistance while equipped--I forget what the other one does. It'd be nice to see these floating around Amn, as otherwise the only Bastard Swords you can find before Chapter 5 are Kondar and a Bastard+1.

Shazellim has the very interesting property of being able to slay Bards on contact--if they fail their Save vs. Death, goodbye. This weapon actually is already implemented in the game, but in just about the stupidest way I can think of: It's carried by Elhan. (Yeah, Elhan--the Elf in Chapters 6 & 7.) Not only that, but he's dual-wielding what's supposed to be a unique weapon. Whatever! I'll be rectifying this situation in my Montaron MOD.

[ 07-11-2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]