Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Some have reffered to it as the new Everquest, other's just the next big final fantasy addiction. Any way that you look at it, Final Fantasy XI has finally been made available to a mainstream, western audience for the first time! The reason I made this thread was because i know that alot of misconceptions have been made and I want to clear them up based on information I obtained from Square-Enix.

Q: Will they be splitting the servers up between PC and PS2 Players?
A: No! Playstation 2 players and PC players will play on the same server clusters!

Q: Will I have to start a new character if I play on PC ad get the PS2 version?
A: No! You will be able to load your character on PS2 or your PC, it's all a matter of where you want to load your characters at!

Q: But wait, does this mean I can load my character on any computer or PS2 with FFXI?
A: As long as you've got your playonline login ID and password, of course!

Q: What about that FFXI Expansion pack? Rise of the Zilliart?
A: The Expansion pack comes preistalled on the PS2 Hard Drive [img]smile.gif[/img]

Q: Is FFXI Really all that much worth it?
A: It has alot of features previous MMORPGs have only dreamed of having, including the ability for one character to play as every class in the game.

Q: If Im from Ironworks, which FFXI Server should I play on?
A: Seraph! There are already 3 Ironworkers going to seraph, probably more [img]smile.gif[/img]

And thus ends the Q&A section! [img]smile.gif[/img] Post any additional questions or comments below!

[ 03-14-2004, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]