Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 02:39 PM   #11
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
How old do you need to be to donate? And are they doing them in Europe too?

I don;t think they'll be able to get to the US
sorry

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-11-2001, 02:42 PM   #12
Moni

Even though I cannot donate, I thought you might find comfort in knowing that local blood drives in San Antonio, TX are going on in full force and the local media has warned of heavy traffic around donation sites and a wait of no less than four hours for anyone arriving to donate because of the amount of people there to help.

Old 09-11-2001, 02:55 PM   #13
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I'm from the Netherland, and I would gladly give my blood for those in need of it. It just sickens me what these **bastards** did there. They got my symphaty back there in the USA. I really feel sorry for all these innocent people that died there.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:23 PM   #14
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

I'd help but i'm a. too young b. not in the right country and c. ill (i've got ME). i'l just have too give you all in america my sympathy (witch you CAN send by e-mail)

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 04:27 PM   #15
MagiK

Thanks for all the support, I was kind of asking for the contributions from people in this country but the moral support from those who aren't here is nice to hear. Thank you.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 04:29 PM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I will go look for it
Old 09-11-2001, 04:30 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I, too, am unable to donate because of what I went through last year (the TTP-HUS disorder I had, with all the plasma transfusions I went through). However, I want to champion each of you who is able to go and donate. Please; these people need your help. Especially those of you who are O-. They don't have to type that blood; it's the kind used in emergency situations because anyone can receive it, no matter their type or RH factor. I know, because I am O- and was on a hotline for emergency calls at one time, when I could donate.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 04:44 PM   #18
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Have they finally decided to let Gulf war vets donate again? Is athsma or the inhaler meds associated with it a deciding factor in letting you donate? I've donated a half dozen times in the past, but that was before I was diagnosed.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:46 PM   #19
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Our personnel department had this to say about donating in Winston Salem, NC...

Quote:
A lady from the Red Cross in Winston-Salem asked if you have not already left work or home to give blood, DO NOT COME TODAY!!! They are jammed packed. The asked that you come a few days down the road, they will need it just as much then.

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 04:48 PM   #20
MagiK

That is actually great news Larry...It is a bright spot in this horror of a day to see so many people comingout to help. Sheesh next thing ya know I might actually think "people" aren't so bad afterall

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.