Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-05-2001, 10:21 AM   #1
Blindside
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS DAMN GAME, I HAVE PUT IN EVER SINGLE CD 2 TIMES OVER, AND IT NEVER WORKS, I CANT INSTALL THE DAMN THING, WHAT THE ■■■■ AM I SUPPOSED TO DO
Old 05-05-2001, 10:26 AM   #2
Entreri
Manshoon

re-install it or refound at the store. Tchek the cd's if there are not damaged. The cd 5 should be the extention but how can he demand that now ?

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 05-05-2001, 10:29 AM   #3
TheDutkanator

Like I've been saying: RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!

Now try installing. If after putting in the first disc it doesn't take you to the install screen, click the windows button at bottom left and click on RUN. Type in D:\Setup or maybe it was D:\install? Try both.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 05-05-2001, 10:31 AM   #4
Blindside
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have restarted, nothing works!
Old 05-05-2001, 10:32 AM   #5
Blindside
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i install it to 90% and then it asks for cds 3, 4 and 5 in that order
Old 05-05-2001, 10:42 AM   #6
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

OK, I have seen this before:

Unistall what you've done, if possible. If not, delelte the Black Isle folder. Restart the computer. and wait .

I'll be right back with an answer, I need to check another group for the this.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Phil
Old 05-05-2001, 10:46 AM   #7
TheDutkanator

Did you try using the run command instead of just inserting the disk?

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 05-05-2001, 11:14 AM   #8
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

From Bioware's site:

General CD Install Troubleshooting

If you are having problems getting BG2 to install or BG2 asking for a CD5, you may want to try some of the following suggestions.

When changing CDs during the installation, let the drive spin-up and then stop. Then click OK and see if the installer recognizes the disc change. Do this for all the CDs that are requested.
Try checking for a firmware/BIOS update for your CD or DVD drive. We have had several reports of sucessfull installs of BG2 once a firmware update was applied. You will have to check with your CD/DVD drive manufacturer for this kind of update.
If for whatever reason you are unable to do a Recommended or Full install, but you can do a Minimum install, please read How to "fake" a larger install from a Minimum.
If you have multiple CD/DVD drives, only install from one and do not try to use all of your drives. For some reason, this is confusing InstallShield.
If you cannot do any install without getting some sort of error or crash and you have about 5 Gig of free hard drive space, you can try to copy all 4 CDs to your hard drive, then run the install from there. Please note, you must copy all 4 CDs to the same directory for the install to run. If you get prompted for the next CD, then you have not copied the files over properly, or you have missed some.
Try turning off DMA for your CD/DVD drive. For some people, this has allowed them to install. You can find this checkbox by going to your Control Panel, then to System, then to the Device Manager tab. Find your CD/DVD drive and bring up its Properties, then go to the Settings tab.
Try turning off your CD/DVD read-ahead. For some people, this has allowed them to install. You can find this slider by going to your Control Panel, then to System, then to the Performance tab. Down in the Advanced Settings frame, press the File System... button and move the slider all the way to the left. You may need to restart for this setting to take effect.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Phil