Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-03-2001, 04:52 PM   #21
Halbred
The Magister

cast cleric spell magic resistance on him a few times, this drops his magic resistance to some ratio of the cleric's levels...far lower than his natural magic resistance. That should drop it enough times. =) once you do that just cast doom and hit him with a quivering palm =)

i love my monk
Old 05-03-2001, 04:52 PM   #22
onthepequod
Quintesson

Use lower resistance and greater malison at the beginning of the battle so that any spells you use will be more likely to be effective. Also, lower resistance is cumulative, so cast it multiple times. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2001, 07:27 AM   #23
Domino
Dungeon Master

hi

killed him

planted masses of snares around him'before he awoke/got pissed.
some of you may know this'but if you keep removing someone from your party'then instantly take them back'their special abilities are recharged.
was very useful when getting yoshimo to plant his snares again and again.

by the way this was so cheezy i feel guilty.
no spells casted or nothing after all the days of posts and advice.
he died in less than 1 second it was that quick!!!snap snap snap!!!
felt a bit cheated of a skillful battle and also guilty that i had done it'but hey my parties still fairly low level so next time i'll do the proper way.

domino
Old 05-04-2001, 07:29 AM   #24
Lord Shield

Have cleric cast "Magic Resistance" on him to replace his current MR with a lower value. Move out of sight. Cast lots of area effect spells (Cloudkill, Death Fog, etc) near where he is outside your range of vision. Wait for him to die. Loot body