Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-01-2001, 04:55 PM   #1
Domino
Dungeon Master

need help killing shadow dragon/Thaxll'ssillya

killed all enemies i have faced so far'but this guys hard!!!!!!!!!!!!

help please

thanx
Old 05-01-2001, 05:07 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Make sure u got negative plane protection. Although if u move away just as he is about to breath on u, u can avoid the level draining. Actually this is supposed to be one of the easier dragons (ie. u get less XP). Just do the normal dragon slaying stuff: Breach to get rid of stoneskin, lower resistance, greater malison, then try finger of death etc. If u have a thief, set some traps before u attack him. If u have good fighters get them using their bows and of course summon some elementals or something to distract the bugger.

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 05-01-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001, 05:07 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Mage spells that are useful:
Breach, Magic Missiles (lots of them, prefer to be Spell Sequenced), Flaming Arrows, Fire Ball, Lighting, Lower Resistance, ANY creature summoning spells (e.g. Monster Summoning 3), Wizard Eye.
Druid spells that are useful:
Fire Elemental, ANY insect summoning spells, Call Woodland Being.
Cleric spells that are useful:
Healing related ones, Chant, Bless, Aid, Defense Harmony ... etc.

Never use acid attacks, technically he is immune to acid. Try to summon an Wizard Eye and send it in, then summon monsters (4 at a time) and have them force attack the dragon.
When your summoned monsters have "wasted" the dragon's more powerful spells, send in your fighters and have your mages cast Lower Resistance on the dragon a couple of times. With the resistance lowered, start casting the above mentioned offensive mage spells.
Everyone should either be: hacking, healing, spell casting, bolt/arrow/bullet shooting and NO ONE should stand around.
Good luck.

P.S. also traps setting works well to weaken the dragon, don't kill it with traps alone since you will NOT get the exp points if only traps kill the dragon.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-01-2001, 05:11 PM   #4
Halbred
The Magister

fek no wonder i never got exp from frikragg that slut yoshimo and his damn traps!!!!

=[
Old 05-01-2001, 05:13 PM   #5
onthepequod
Quintesson

I had success summoning two elementals to distract him while hitting him with three lower resistance spells and for a grand finally throwing every damage inflicting spell I could muster, at him. Of course I did have 3 magic users and a cleric in my party. Ultimately, I suggest beginning the battle by using lower resistance or greater mallasion (sp?) to allow any spell casters to be effective during the battle. FYI, lower resistance is cumulative, consequently multiple castings of this spell greatly increase the likelihood that your spell casters will be effective. Good luck.
Old 05-02-2001, 08:35 AM   #6
Domino
Dungeon Master

what spell do i use to protect from his death spell???

thanx
Old 05-02-2001, 08:42 AM   #7
Gd_00
Dungeon Master

death ward (lev 5th (i thnk) cleric spell)
scroll of mag. prot (dont waste them)
Old 05-02-2001, 09:03 AM   #8
Domino
Dungeon Master

ok

i'm a newbie on the magic side so can i ask some questions you all my find obvious.
whats negative plane magic?
where can i get these spells including negative plane protection?
also an instant death spell??

thanx
Old 05-02-2001, 09:41 AM   #9
TheDutkanator

THIS IS THE EASY WAY
stand where the dragon can't see you, but he's just outside of vision. Use 5-10 charges off the wand of cloud kill so that he's in the cloud, but still out of site. Bye bye dragon (also works on Firkraag)

------------------

"I'm sorry, did I kill you?"
Old 05-02-2001, 09:47 AM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Negative Plane Protection is a cleric spell (level 4), which your priest will get the option of memorize this spell when he/she is at the appropriate level.

As for instant death spell, the only one that I know that can kill a player instantly is Imprisonment (and I am NOT sure if this is what you meant by "instant death" spell). The other spells like Death Spell, Finger of Death, Power Word Kill all have some sort of condition to satisfy such as current hit point, saving throws ... etc in order to kill a creature instantly.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!