Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-28-2001, 03:06 AM   #11
Lord Shield

I sent in an elemental (once I did a pair of Mountain Bears. Summonings do well against these beasties

Old 03-28-2001, 03:43 AM   #12
jbombard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can use your theif(hidden) to scout out the area(which you should be doing most of the time). Once you know where they are use your area of affect spells. Choose spells accordingly depending on your level. Like Accord said fire elementals are very usefull. Even at a low level you should be able to cast fireballs. While they are fighting off the fire elementals you can nail them with fireballs while staying outside of their line of sight. Use your hidden thief or an invisible character to keep track of where they are and how your summoned creatures are doing. Also note that you can usually nail them with area of affect spells from the side of the bridge without crossing it.(this makes it easier to retreat and stay out of their range)
Old 03-28-2001, 03:47 AM   #13
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

My sorcerer kicked there asses. A web spell, Ice Storm and some Fireballs. If they dont get caught in web then retreat. Walk forward untill you see 1 again and more fireballs.
Old 03-28-2001, 07:00 AM   #14
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I agree with John D Harris when he says he'd rather face Dragons and the like than Gauths and Beholders. Those things are the most irritating things in the game aside from the level draining Vampires (Shadows are'nt that bad..Vampires take the cake)
However, once you get a Cloak of Mirroring, you'll find that you can march a solo warrior into the middle of an army of blasting beholders and gauths and have them kill themselves. In the Underdark, I hardly had to raise a hand save to crush a petrified Gauth or Elder Orb. Feels really cheap, but it's a cheap solution to a cheap monster..Sometimes enough is enough

------------------
Why?
Old 03-28-2001, 07:55 AM   #15
Lord Shield

My last game caused a problem with the Cloak of Mirrors. One holds a unique item (I shan't say which, but it's to do with a Cromwell weapon), and this gets destroyed when the beholder petrifies itself. As I was playing a Sorceror I didn't give a monkeys at the time, but it's something to watch out for

Old 03-28-2001, 08:30 AM   #16
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
I agree with John D Harris when he says he'd rather face Dragons and the like than Gauths and Beholders. Those things are the most irritating things in the game aside from the level draining Vampires (Shadows are'nt that bad..Vampires take the cake)
However, once you get a Cloak of Mirroring, you'll find that you can march a solo warrior into the middle of an army of blasting beholders and gauths and have them kill themselves. In the Underdark, I hardly had to raise a hand save to crush a petrified Gauth or Elder Orb. Feels really cheap, but it's a cheap solution to a cheap monster..Sometimes enough is enough
Watch out though! Even if you have the Cloak of Mirroring, Elder Orbs can still cast Imprisonment upon you. No save vs. that...
Old 03-28-2001, 01:49 PM   #17
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I had potions of Insibility, I distributed them amonst my party , I sent skelletons and summoned creatures to soften them up. Once they got killed I casted area all the area effect spells and drank the potions, The gauth stupidly stend in the area of the spell.
Old 03-28-2001, 01:59 PM   #18
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

bounty hunters advanced traps do a nice job too. stand out side the view of the beasties. then throw the traps where you know they are. boom boom boom

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 02:04 PM   #19
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 07:46 PM   #20
Lord Shield

Imprisonment? Eat Spell Shield vs Abjuration, Elder Orb! Or hit him so fast his ancestors feel it