Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-17-2000, 08:56 AM   #1
Incarcerator

I have 2 questions 4 u guys :

1. What means Str 18/75 , in fact that \75 ?

2. What does THACO mean ?

I ask u this 'cause i got the same problem in BG1 but i was never able to find out.

I thank u already 4 ur answers hoping they'll come.

Old 11-17-2000, 09:01 AM   #2
Armisael

Borrow any AD&D book, it'll tell you everything you need to know. I'll answer these two; the 75 is a strength bonus only applicable to fighters meaning you get higher to hit and damage bonuses. THAC0 means 'To Hit: Armour Class 0'. In other words, it's the die roll you need to get as a minimum to hit someone with an AC of 0. If your THAC0 is 5 and you're fighting an orc with platemail and a helm that gives him an AC of 2, you'd need to roll a 5 - 2 = 3 to hit him. If you were fighting a troll with a natural AC of -4, you'd need to roll a 5 + 4 = 9 to hit him. Not too hard to understand. Additionally if you roll a 20 you get a critical hit, and if you roll a 1 you get a critical miss.

Old 11-17-2000, 09:06 AM   #3
Ribs

1) Fighters have the ability to have exceptional strength. The values range from 18/01 to 18/100 (represented as 18/00). Hit, damage, and other bonuses increase as the percentage gets higher. The manual has the bonuses for each of the strength values.

2) THAC0 = To Hit Armor Class 0. A roll on a 20 sided die equal to or greater than the THAC0 minus the AC equates to a hit.