Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-18-2000, 08:32 PM   #1
Arno
Welcomed New User

Hi Wyv,

I thought I would appeal directly to you 'cos I know you've finished the game at least once, and you just can't let a posting go unanswered

I've got a little problem in Shurugeon Castle which, quite frankly, is annoying me. I can't get into the treasury because I can't seem to do the gargoyle yanks in the right order. I think the final yank is the one on the left hand pillar closest to the door, it immediately retracts once pulled. However, I can't seem to discover the right combo for all the other chains.

What I find most annoying - and won't I be embarassed if you tell me I've missed something - is that there aren't any clues as to what the order might be. And given there are 8 chains, the permutations and combinations are substantial enough to generate a high Arghh! factor. Grrr. Even the "slot machine" in the Serpent Temple made more sense.
I eagerly await the pearls of wisdom you will hopefully dispense in my direction.

Your humble servant,
Arno

PS My first RPG was Blacksilver on the Commodore 64. Anyone else play that/remember that? Mucho fun!
Old 11-18-2000, 08:43 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!! Have I earned a reputation or what??

Arno -
I'll tell you exactly how I did the chains. You know there is one chain that retracks the instant you pull it. That's the last chain you will pull but working FROM that position - I went around the room and pull all the chains in a clock wise order. I then went counter clockwise and repulled any chains that had gone back up. I recheck all the other chains correct any and when finally they are all down, pull that last one, you're in!

Hope that works for you! (it was much more complicated my first time through - second time, I breezed right through that area)

Wyv
Old 11-18-2000, 09:31 PM   #3
Arno
Welcomed New User

Thanks Wyv, I am a nob! After I posted I went straight back in and played around again, tried to do it methodically and finally realised the object was to light up their little eyes, then pull the last chain. A bit of faffing around and I finally got it. But hey, I really appreciate the reply.

Now, I just have to find the 5th Element (I actually thought that was an OK movie, loved the aliens, Oomphaz in Space??) and I'm gonna kick Haleabutt!

Thanks once again.
Cheers,
Arno.

BTW, is EST = Eastern Standard Time of the USA?
Old 11-19-2000, 01:18 AM   #4
paul

Stupid me, Eeer ,can you explain it in more detail ?, which one should be yank and in which order ??, I'm really stuck here !

Old 11-19-2000, 05:24 AM   #5
gandalf

Here's a *spoiler* for you Paul

There is one chain that will not stay down when you pull it - it's on the lefthand side, last pillar, the one facing you as you enter the room. That one you will want to pull last.
The idea is to light up all the gargoyle head's eyes by pulling their chains down. Each chain will - when pulled down - return one and only one of the other chains to it's original position, and furthermore no two chains both affect each other this way.
Now the whole idea is to find out which chains revert which, so that you can pull them down one by one without reverting any of the previously pulled chains.
One of the chains will not be reverted no matter which chain you pull after pulling it down; this is your starting chain - find that one first.

Confused ??
If you're still stuck - pull my chain