Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-10-2001, 09:31 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

My party now has a (paltry) 1,700 gp. Compared to the 500,000+ that I had when I finished BG2, that's not a lot.

Is gold difficult to come by? Or would the hoard be built up gradually by killing monsters and selling their loot? Any advice on how to procure enoguh gold to outfit my party with decent equipemnt & scrolls for my mages?

*Looks longingly at the bastard sword +1 in the shop window...*
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 09:38 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Money is a bit harder to come by in IWD, but it will start rolling in soon. Be on the lookout for Yeti pelts, to begin with. They sell very well. Also, don't bother buying stuff for your guys (except missiles like arrows, etc.). The best stuff is found on monsters. Look for some of it starting in the Vale of Shadows.

Cheers,

------------------
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 10:13 PM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

My advice? hoard every item you find in a chest at the Inn. Those Yeti pelts? try hoarding them all in a chest and RESIST selling them until you have at least 16. You can then load one character up on plets and sell all 16 for the first (and best) price! if you sell even one yeti pelt before you do this, the price paid per pelt will plummet profusely! The same goes for any other items in the game (especially gems). So if you start to collect a lot of one item, remember to hoarde 16 of them before you sell a single one.
Also, i think the Gem/scroll/key buying guy will buy pelts too.

money rolls in later after Dragon's eye
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 11:08 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Oh no! I just sold my first two yeti pelts to Conlan for 50 gp each! (Heh, finally got rid of all the goblins' weapons from Kuldahar Pass too. Made about, oh, say 120 gp? About enough to buy an identify scroll from Orrick, lol).

Oh well... *shrugs*
Old 10-12-2001, 01:58 PM   #5
shawnme
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It is easy there is a track to do in the begining keep inporting caters tak all ther stufe sell it than deleat the cariter then do it agane untell you have all the money you need. You also get best money by seling all magic items you find that you dont need. I hope this helps.
shawnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 06:27 PM   #6
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Hi Hayashi, pretty sound advice. I must admit that the sixteen-item "scam" hadn't caught up with the old grey matter until somebody pointed it out in a post. As for magic items, apart from things like muscial instruments for your bard which are few and far between, if you can use it now then save it.

Most of the time you hang on to stuff that you never use thinking 'That Blunt Stick of Almighty Unpleasantness' will sure come in handy one day.' Except it never does, and you'll need all of the space you can get for donations (sic) from your admiring monster friends.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 11:02 PM   #7
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Sigh! The last trip from the Vale I sold all the pelts I had for a measly 20 gp each.
Old 10-14-2001, 06:01 AM   #8
crazy_diamond
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The money thing is really a problem, until you get through the severed-hand. Then you seem to have way too much. By this time there is hardly any reason to by anything in Kulduhar, even the spells kinda suck, especially weapons. Those expensive weapons in Conlan's shop, leave them. They aren't worth the money. You'll find treasure just as good and it won't cost you ludicrous amounts of gold.

------------------
You wore out your welcome with random precision.
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote