Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-31-2001, 02:01 AM   #1
Ziroc

The last post somehow got deleted.. I even tried to restore it, but nada..

Ok Father Bronze, Post away!

PS: It may have been deleted somehow when the site went down, because it was here at 12 noon yesterday GRR!

Please excuse the broken "X" images, as this post comes from 2001, and when we were at tgeweb.com!

[ 11-01-2004, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 05-31-2001, 07:34 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
The last post somehow got deleted.. I even tried to restore it, but nada..

Ok Father Bronze, Post away!

PS: It may have been deleted somehow when the site went down, because it was here at 12 noon yesterday GRR!
HEEHEE...Yes Father Bronze, do explain this one!!!! I can't wait! Story, story, story!!!! teehee

Cloudy
Ziroc's Personal Secretary
Choc's Number One Fan

[ 11-01-2004, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]
Old 05-31-2001, 09:49 AM   #3
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Wow. Permission from the Master himself? Here we go . . .

A few years back, the days of the Commodore 64, our glorious leader was not the man he is today (no, I'm not referring to a partying single dude who never slept and surfed the net 24/7). He was nameless. He knew the "way of the web" and the requirement that if he were to join in a conversation over the internet, he would need a cool pseudonym. Everyone had one. He needed one too. He felt left out, rejected . And so our webmaster set out on a journey to find the perfect name . . .

Our webmaster decided to let his imagination run wild. He asked himself, "If I could be anything in the whole wide world, what would I be?" And the answer was a race car driver . There was something alluring about the smell of exhaust, the scent of burned rubber, and the aromatic blends of used motor oil. At times our webmater found himself opening his windows during rush hour and blowing a fan into the house, just so his room would fill with the smells of the street. One year he actually managed to separate himself from his keyboard (it was a rather quick and painless procedure) long enough to attend the Daytona 500. He sat as close to the track as he could. A minor crash sent motor oil splashing into the crowd. Our webmaster didn't shower for 5 days -- not wanting to remove the memories of the race. He loved racing. But what pseudonym could he take from racing?

For a while he used the name 500, but reconsidered when he found someone using the name 250. After chatting with 250 for a while, our webmaster decided that he couldn't copy the famous number name. He thought of using Daytona, but some spring break party animal had already claimed that one. A few weeks later he read in the newsgroups that the International Race of Champions was going to be revived. And our webmaster knew his inspiration. He would call himself IROC. Unfortunately, others on the internet had beaten him to it. Set on assuming this new identity, our webmaster was not dissuaded. And so he started checking to see what names were not used . . . Airoc, Biroc, Ciroc, Diroc, . . . until he got to Ziroc and found success.

[ 11-01-2004, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]
Old 05-31-2001, 09:58 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

ROTFLMAO FB your a classic

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 05-31-2001, 10:05 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Man ! You rock Father Bronze! (Yep i read your thread! )

See I rock !(ZIROC!) hehehe

makes sence don´t you think so???'

I mean he do rock this place!

OK,don´t know but you presented your theory better Father Bronze!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz

[This message has been edited by WOLFGIR (edited 05-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WOLFGIR (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old 05-31-2001, 10:10 AM   #6
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

huh- and all along I thought the name came while he was eating....

------------------
Old 05-31-2001, 10:21 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

aye.. reading it hurts the eyes...

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 05-31-2001, 01:44 PM   #8
Moiraine
Anubis

Ahem ... ... I have a confession to make ... hem ... it was me who deleted the previous thread ... ...

Let's say that something had me mad , last Thursday night, and being a hot-tempered southern girl, I HAD to smash something. As I was mad for a virtual reason, it had to be virtual plates, er I mean threads, so I destroyed the two threads I had created that day, this one and the one about Tennis too.

I must add that smashing threads does NOT produce the very satisfying sound that plates smashed on a ceramic floor do. Very frustrating.

I can't promise it will never happen again, you know ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-31-2001, 02:07 PM   #9
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Ahem ... ... I have a confession to make ... hem ... it was me who deleted the previous thread ... ...

Let's say that something had me mad , last Thursday night, and being a hot-tempered southern girl, I HAD to smash something. As I was mad for a virtual reason, it had to be virtual plates, er I mean threads, so I destroyed the two threads I had created that day, this one and the one about Tennis too.

I must add that smashing threads does NOT produce the very satisfying sound that plates smashed on a ceramic floor do. Very frustrating.

I can't promise it will never happen again, you know ...

LOL. You really threw me and Ziroc for a loop. He e-mailed me and told me to reply to the thread. I looked and couldn't find it and replied back to him that it was gone. In the confusion of not being able to reinstate the thread, he had to post himself as the author -- which I find very humorous since he is officially inviting "abuse." I think he was most preplexed to find that his vast powers as webmaster did not allow him to reinstate the thread .

Don't worry about it Moiraine. Next time, though, why don't I e-mail you some plate pictures and you can have fun deleting the files , although I can't figure out how that would be more fun than hearing about me, Ziroc, and countless others running around in cyberspace wondering what sort of trick our computers have played on us . Hope you feel better.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-31-2001, 03:27 PM   #10
Moiraine
Anubis

LOL, Funny Bunny !

How was I to imagine it would create such a mix-up ?

And next time ... I want the crashing smashing shattering sound !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 05-31-2001).]