Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-07-2002, 10:05 AM   #261
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

Well lets hope Sweden beats Argentina and then both England and Sweden is qualified!!

GO HENKE!!!!
Agreed!

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-07-2002, 10:39 AM   #262
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
*hic* well, the argentinians*hic* sure didn't expect*hic* england to come out in the*hic* shotgunformation with*hic* four wide receivers*hic*
Old 06-07-2002, 11:38 AM   #263
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny
btw, lmao when i saw those two crusaders in the stands, some people do anything....
The crusaders hjad me in stichtes.
I';, m feeling abit lightheaded at the momen tyyou'll just have to excuse me fo r a minite or tow. Or whatever. I've been down the boozer in case you couldn#t tell.

[ 06-07-2002, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 06-07-2002, 12:19 PM   #264
Moiraine
Anubis

Donut, Epona, Sir Tainly, congrrratutaltions about the grrreat victory on Argentina ... *mumble grumble mumble grrr*
Old 06-07-2002, 01:22 PM   #265
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

well gratz England I would have posted sooner but I fell asleep right after the match. I guess Beckman is not a big putz anymore

[ 06-07-2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Lanthir ]
Old 06-07-2002, 01:26 PM   #266
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
well gratz England I would have posted sooner but I fell asleep right after the match. I guess Becks is not a big putz anymore
Old 06-07-2002, 03:29 PM   #267
Thelonious Sphere
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was actually a bit disapointed at the way both teams were playing.

I mean, Argentina really sucked ass, and Veron really really disapointed me.
And then England bunkered through most of the second half, with an 8-1-1 formation or something, which was really lame.

If you think about it, there were about 50 times more fouls in this game then goals, and thats only in the first half....

Anyway, I have no special simpathy for any of those teams, though I was for Argentina.

I just hate English football. Those long balls which seem to be kicked randomly. Although they're defence were pretty tight, gotta hand it to "butt" (nice name, BTW).
\"because fortune is a woman, and if you wish to keep her under it is necessary to beat and ill-use her; and it is seen that she allows herself to be mastered by the adventurous rather than by those who go to work more coldly. She is, therefore, always, woman-like, a lover of young men, because they are less cautious, more violent, and with more audacity command her. \" Niccolo Machiavelli
Old 06-07-2002, 05:09 PM   #268
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Firstly, can I just say...

Y e a h ! ! ! !

I really wish I was back in England drinking it up with the boys and girls at this point. Epona, have a few more for me and finish yerself off lass. I'll have some for you too - out here I was already 5 killian's up by 9:30am and then went to work - magic. Do Friday's get any better?

Any Irish out there? Your fans were just as loud as ours cheering England on. I gotta say thankx to you and your sportsmanship will be returned severalfold in yer next game.

To those who think the England game is boring I'd simply reply that well, points matter. Sven got it dead on, and we got the points. I still think we need to be 2:0 up before bunkering in though.

Whoever mentioned 8:1:1, that was pretty funny [img]smile.gif[/img] Fair point but hell at least we had some decent defending this time, our back line against the Swedes was suspect but held up well today.

I'm dying to leave work and go out and party.

En-Ger-Land! En-Ger-Land! En-Ger-Land!
Old 06-07-2002, 05:20 PM   #269
norompanlasolas

im glad to see that all the former colonies boys still root for their true motherland.

speaking of the game. it was a good triumph by england. they played better than us and deserved the win. argentina never felt comfortable on the pitch, and key players never showed up, plus the defense was pretty bad too. aimar was our best player, but we never managed to get a couple of good occasions and really corner england. they played a clever game (helped by the goal late in the first half) and got off really fast on the counterattack. owen, rio ferdinand and nicky butt were absolutely fantastic and ferdinand the man of the match for me. world class perfomance from the 3 of them. beckham was pretty crappy except for the goal. the rest of the team did rather well.

all in all. a fair result.

oh, i wasnt going to say this but i couldn refrain myself. the guy that made the commentary about the malvinas (johny i think), has a wonderful sense of humour. i would love to hear that joke live or said in front of argentinians. yep, id love to see johny (or whats left of him) after that.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:54 PM   #270
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
im glad to see that all the former colonies boys still root for their true motherland.

speaking of the game. it was a good triumph by england. they played better than us and deserved the win. argentina never felt comfortable on the pitch, and key players never showed up, plus the defense was pretty bad too. aimar was our best player, but we never managed to get a couple of good occasions and really corner england. they played a clever game (helped by the goal late in the first half) and got off really fast on the counterattack. owen, rio ferdinand and nicky butt were absolutely fantastic and ferdinand the man of the match for me. world class perfomance from the 3 of them. beckham was pretty crappy except for the goal. the rest of the team did rather well.

all in all. a fair result.

oh, i wasnt going to say this but i couldn refrain myself. the guy that made the commentary about the malvinas (johny i think), has a wonderful sense of humour. i would love to hear that joke live or said in front of argentinians. yep, id love to see johny (or whats left of him) after that.
you mean the thing i said about bergkamp ?