Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2001, 01:26 PM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

All right, Larry, Sephi and Mistral are at an old house near the Temple of Mystra
Deiter and Killing Spree have met in the city somewhere
Maverick is ?
Neb and Kaz are in front of the inn
Wait, dinner! Be back soon!
Old 11-01-2001, 01:59 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

"Are you all right?" Neb asked Kaz, looking around to see if there were any assasins nearby, "We need to get away from here quickly, there are too many people here and I've stayed in one place for too long, if we do not move soon they will find me, and they will probably seek to harm you too."
Old 11-01-2001, 02:08 PM   #3
Kaz

"I'll manage," Kaz said stiffly. She got up slowly, the regeneration potion was taking effect. "Where shall we go?"

OOC: I just realized, in all this chaos there are Drow looking for me too! Whohoo!
Have gotten my character's known spells together:
Level 1: Magic Missile, Burning Hands, Identify, Chromatic Orb, Charm Person, Armor, Mirror Image
Level 2: Acid Arrow, Detect Invisibility, Stinking Cloud, Blur, Power Word Sleep, Knock
Level 3: Fireball, Haste, Vampiric Touch, Lightning Bolt, Ghost Armor
Level 4: Improved Invisibility, Stoneskin, Evard's Black Tentacles, Polymorph Other, Phantasmal Killer, Dimension Door
Level 5: Domination, Shadow Summoning, Shadow Door, Cone of Cold
Level 6: Chain Lightning, Disintegrate, Flesh to Stone, Death, Stone to Flesh, Glassee, Permanent Illusion
Level 7: Prismatic Spray, Mordekainen's Sword, Reverse Gravity
Level 8: Bigby's Clenched Fist
Level 9: Mordenkainen's Disjunction
Old 11-01-2001, 02:11 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry listened to Mistral's accustations of charging into the burning building without seeking others to assist, and he was being blamed for the trouble that Isabeau had encountered.

He had hoped that Mistral would see him as a true hero. He wanted to prove this to his father, but was never rewarded the opportunity. Proving his heroism to Mistral was thus the most important thing to this bumbling ranger.

And now, his alleged heroic attempt to save a life from utter destruction was viewed as a selfish, idiotic mistake.

Larry had no words to explain the confusion and loss of self-worth that he now felt. He was even being questioned for his choice in friends. Sephi had guarded him selflessly, and without asking any return favor. Now Mistral was challenging his reason for being here.

He walked back over to the bed he had been sitting on, sat back down, and stared at the floor, as if marvelling at the crack he had locked his gaze upon.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:12 PM   #5
Neb

"I suggest we find your friends," Neb said, looking around he suddenly ducked so that he was hidden by the crowd in front of the inn, before Kaz could ask him why he did this he said, "I just spotted three assasins, we'll meet in the Temple District, near the Temple of Helm, I'll go another way than you, they'll probably follow me, if I don't show up in two hours time assume that I am dead." With that said, Neb started off down a side street, giving the assasins ample time to spot him so that they would chase him and not Kaz.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:17 PM   #6
Kaz

Kaz watched the assassins follow Neb, then she left, going the other way. Feeling much better, she glided silently from stone to stone. This brings up old memories... she thought, biting her lip. Walking quickly, she was able to reach the Temple soon. Apparently none of the other people around wished to disturb the little mage.

OOC: Sorry, can't post as much today, still need to do *ack* physics where I have no idea what we did, also need to learn for a *double-ack* biology test. But I'll put that off till the last minute, as usual.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:27 PM   #7
Neb

As soon as Neb had entered the alley he cast a Spider Climb spell and headed up the wall, hiding in the shadows, the assasins entered the alley and were more than a little surprised at seeing noone there, one of them cast a Detect Invisibility spell, revealing himself to be at least part mage, Neb noted this and decided to kill that one first.

Neb cast a Spectral Force spell, creating the illusion of a band of heavily armed mercenaries entering the alley from both ends, while the assasins were busy fighting the illusions and recieving illusionary wounds, Neb calmly crawled down the wall and, hiding behind the illusions, got behind the mage and slipped his dagger between the mage's ribs, impaling his heart and killing him instantly.

One of the assasins had discovered a flaw in one of the illusions and his disbelief had dispelled them, the other one, seeing his comrade ignore the illusions managed to disbelieve in them as well, looking around, they spotted Neb just in time to see him finish a Lightning Bolt spell which fried one of them and sent his body flying out of the alley, the last one dropped his weapons and begged for mercy, quite unusual for an assasin, but, Neb noticed, this one seemed to be a new recruit.

Neb cast a Ray of Enfeeblement upon his prisoner to prevent him from trying to fight him, he then gathered two ropes and a grappling hook from one of the assasins, he used one of the ropes to tie up the assasin and stuffed the other rope and the grappling hook in his backpack, he then began interrogating his prisoner......

(OOC: Kaz, how's the tooth? I haven't had a chance to chat with you on AIM yet so I could ask you.)

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old 11-01-2001, 02:33 PM   #8
Kaz

Reaching the Temple, Kaz entered an alley, close enough to see what was going on, but hopefully no one would notice her. Settling down for a wait, Kaz drew her robes around her.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:38 PM   #9
Neb

Neb left the alley a few minutes later, he hadn't hurt the assasin, merely created some illusions of torture that were so lifelike that the assasin had felt the pain because he believed it would be there, Neb had found out what he wanted to find out though, the location of one of the assasin's hideouts in the city, he would have to meet up with the others first though, he would need at least a bit of help clearing out this nest of assasins, it was bigger than any he had destroyed before.

Neb headed towards the Temple District, following a twisting and turning route to throw off any assasins which might be following him, he also stopped by a few shops to pick up some healing potions, the result was that he ended up spending about an hour getting to the Temple District, once he entered the district however, he headed directly towards the Temple of Helm, sure in the knowledge that no assasin would dare assasinate anyone on holy ground.
Old 11-01-2001, 03:01 PM   #10
Kaz

Kaz had gotten impatient, but was still sitting in the alley when Neb finally arrived. She stood up quietly and walked over to the Temple. Neb looked grim, as though something had happened.