Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2001, 02:08 PM   #1
skier9205
Manshoon

SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

1. When you guys played through during the next-to-last dream sequence (the one with Imoen and Bhaal) did Bhaal die or did he, right before you took the last swipe at him, go in to a dialouge and say something about how can you battle me blah blah blah?

2. Now that I have Imoen back, should I give the Robe of Vecna to her or keep it with Aerie? I also have the robe of good magi so I'm going to give it to whomever doesn't have the robe of vecna.
Old 11-24-2001, 02:11 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

MINOR SPOILER
1. You are not supposed to kill Bhaal, just damage him.

2. I would give the robe of Vecna to Imoen, and the other to Aerie.

see ya!
Old 11-24-2001, 05:00 PM   #3
huma
The Magister

I was just wondering where you guys found the robe of Vecna?
I,ve played through a couple of times and have never heard of it
That,s also one of the reasons this is such a great game...can you say replay value... thanks
Old 11-24-2001, 05:02 PM   #4
Campino

spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The robe of vecna can be bought from Deidre,one of the bonus merchants that came with the special edition of BG2-SOA.
Old 11-24-2001, 07:39 PM   #5
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

don't worry skier, Bhaal is supposed to start that dialogue after you damage him badly enough.
as for the robe - I recommend giving it to Imoen, unless she's lower level as a mage than Aerie. being a pure mage she will probably spend more time casting offensive spells than Aerie and that's where the faster casting is most important.
Old 11-24-2001, 08:38 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

you have to download a patch to get the bonus merchants. theres an official one at - look, just use your head and search for it - and an unofficial one an god-knows-where, but youll probably be able to find it as well. the unofficial one definately adds both merchants, but dosent work with ToB, whereas the official one requires TOB, but might or might not add the second merchant - at least ive never seen him.

the official patch definatley add the merchant with the robe of vecna. also the shield of balduran - which will save your nexk against beholders, but is useless otherwise. there a excellent short sword for mages, and a few other choice items.