Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-03-2001, 08:43 PM   #11
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I hate anomen with all my heart.Why did they even bother with him? Female romances?Humbug,no girl wants him anyway,thye should have made that with Haer Dalis or somone else.For people who want a lawful rightoues party? one one- Keldon..or Minsc,heh.Just anothe extra cleric/just anotehr extra fighter? Vicrona/Minsc-Valygar,Korgan,Keldon.

in other words,HES USELESS!

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 08:50 PM   #12
Jim
Quintesson

Actually, clerics have a fairly decent THAC0. To top it off, he is also a level 7 fighter which gives him a very respectable THAC0 overall. In fact, he is only about 1 level short of Viconia in terms of cleric progression which makes him a decent fighting companion. You can give him a very decent armour class, especially whilst wielding the sentinal +4 (and since he can wear any type of armour), and he can also advance to grand master with the mace (give him the skull crusher +3 or the mace of disruption +2 and he can kick ass). Sorry guys, but I like Anomen and think he is a worthy addition to the game.
Old 05-03-2001, 08:51 PM   #13
Tom
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
Actually, clerics have a fairly decent THAC0. To top it off, he is also a level 7 fighter which gives him a very respectable THAC0 overall. In fact, he is only about 1 level short of Viconia in terms of cleric progression which makes him a decent fighting companion. You can give him a very decent armour class, especially whilst wielding the sentinal +4 (and since he can wear any type of armour), and he can also advance to grand master with the mace (give him the skull crusher +3 or the mace of disruption +2 and he can kick ass). Sorry guys, but I like Anomen and think he is a worthy addition to the game.

I think so to
Old 05-03-2001, 09:15 PM   #14
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

No doubt Anomen is a practical character in the game, he is a decent fighter who can achieve "ok" level in cleric. With that said however, since this is an RPG with quite a number of character interactions (and I think the game developers have done an excellent job creating such a character), I must admit I would keep him in my party if he shuts up and keeps it to himself during the course of the travels.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:40 PM   #15
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

SPOILERS HERE FOLKS

I'd admit he is pretty sucky as a character, but get him throught the knighthood thing, and he pretty much kicks ass. I liked a lot of cleric abilities in my first party. I had:

Rand (Paladin)
Minsc Ranger
Jaheria
Anomen
Aeria
and that @#(*$U#*( Yoshimo - later I picked up Sis.

SO I had five people I could hand to hand with (later four) and a magic user or two. I also had two people with Druid spells and four with cleric spells. So needless to say, cleric spells were a large part of my group, and Anomen is the stud of that bunch. I also went with a 'Good' party, so that rules out the Drow chick. If you can get past the crap that comes outta his mouth, Anomen is a good person to have on your side.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
Old 05-03-2001, 10:43 PM   #16
Gimlee
Elminster

Does anyone know what happens to Anomen if he fails his knighthood? The games that I had him, he always passed, but now I want to try a neutal team (tends to evil) and I want to know if he picks up fights with other NPC or anything else.
Old 05-03-2001, 11:20 PM   #17
Ratweed
Manshoon

Well when i had both keldorn and anomen in the party after anomen had failed keldorn tried to kinda make it seem less serous but anomen just turned evil and shot back at him then he tries to kill Aerie and Minsc would have none of that so that was the end of that in my party
Old 05-03-2001, 11:24 PM   #18
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Ratweed:
Well when i had both keldorn and anomen in the party after anomen had failed keldorn tried to kinda make it seem less serous but anomen just turned evil and shot back at him then he tries to kill Aerie and Minsc would have none of that so that was the end of that in my party
Yup, Minsc was doing some serious "butt kicking for goodness" when Anomen "tried" to take out Aerie.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 11:31 PM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

yeah... but poor anomen if he ever did do that in my party... i put priority in protection when it comes to my mages... he'll be having a LOT of trouble.

------------------

I am Bahamut... and this Chiharu.