Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-24-2001, 08:57 PM   #1
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am upstairs in the Den of Seven Vales and trying to kill the enemies. What are some good spells to use here without getting my characters killed. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2001, 09:23 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cloudkill!
Old 02-24-2001, 09:31 PM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Animal Summons. I used it to pen the thief in the corner. You can cast it without them thinking you are attacking them. Then I went after the mage and his pet with everyone else. I like Aganazzer's Scorcher against the mage. I got him with this speel several times without any other help. Then I went after the thief again. If you don't get him pretty quick he'll leave. The rest is just straight up brawling. Magic Missle is good as is Chromatic Orb. Have lots of healing potions too. I always thought this was the toughest fight in the game.
Old 02-24-2001, 09:35 PM   #4
Armisael

Emotion. Fairly easy to beat them when they're lying on the floor.

Old 02-24-2001, 09:54 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you have Jaheria in party, use couple of fire elementals and a woodland being (nymph), the fire elemental can pack a punch at this stage of the game and the nymph can charm the drawf or barbarian. You can also use cleric spell holy smite to soften them up (if available).
Old 02-24-2001, 10:05 PM   #6
Gray Mage
Banned User

You can also try the divide and conquer, backstab W/yoshimo then have that person follow you downstairs to the party waiting. I don't know if you guys consider it cheating, but for a low level party it works.
Old 02-24-2001, 10:12 PM   #7
RAISTLIN

Oh i remember this fight. It was a tough fight. I conjured some fire elementals used the web spell a bunch of fireballs and some healing. It did take me a few tries though.

Old 02-24-2001, 10:15 PM   #8
Gray Mage
Banned User

I tried that first, then used the divide and conquer.
>
>
>
PS that is a really cool SIG.(also my favorite thing to summon now that I can)
Old 02-25-2001, 12:27 AM   #9
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Armisael, you have been talking about the spell emotions all the time, so I decided I would test it. It is really a great spell, I can't believe I didn't use this before. If you cast two emotions, then every monsters(humanoid I think) will just lay down on the ground, and you can hack them to pieces.

I have begun a little game, playing solo with a elven fighter/mage/thief, and I have just beaten the guys at the inn (immediately after the dungeon), with just this character. I just bought the emotion scroll, scribed it, rested, used the summon air elemental scroll, casted two emotion spells, and Mencar and his little troup were dead shortly after.

I also think Dire charm is a good spell against this group.