Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2001, 02:33 PM   #1
RAISTLIN

Yes it is official. I am no longer a newbie. I managed to kick jonny boys butt pretty handily if I do say so myself....and I do.

YEAHHHH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2001, 02:49 PM   #2
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

We came
and I'm not a newbee

You have to explain this thread my son (or daughter i forgot)
Old 02-22-2001, 03:14 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Rikard: I think Raistlin is telling us that having FINISHED a game of BG2 he is no longer a newbie (er, not that I think he was- hey *I* haven't finished one!)

We came we saw... refering to Julius Caesar's words : veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) and I am fuzzy on the context- been mucho many yrs since I had my Latin in High School. Possibly when he had taken Gaul. Thus our Raistlin is making a comparison of himself and Caesar. HEHEHE good one, Raistlin!
Old 02-22-2001, 03:19 PM   #4
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

ah but no my daughter (i know you are 2 times as old as i am but what the heck)

Veni Vidi Vici was spoken by Gaius Iulius Caeser when he landed somewhere in Africa
He cam and the enemy surrenderd at the sight of him
Old 02-22-2001, 03:21 PM   #5
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

ah but no my daughter (i know you are 2 times as old as i am but what the heck)

Veni Vidi Vici was spoken by Gaius Iulius Caeser when he landed somewhere in Africa
He cam and the enemy surrendered at the sight of him

Alia Iacta Est (or somthing) was said in Gaul when Caesar came from Gaul to Rome to conquere Rome
Old 02-22-2001, 03:38 PM   #6
Wah.

I thought I saw those words on a football advert on Sky Box Office the other day?

Then again I watch a whole load of other crap, so I guess I'm just putting two and two together to make six again.

Old 02-22-2001, 04:21 PM   #7
RAISTLIN

Wow you folks are soooo deep. Vini Vidi Vici
C'mon really? I was thinking we came we saw we kicked his ass. I am not sure where it is from but when i hear it in my head with the other voices (the ones that tell me what to do) it sounds like John (maybe Jim) Belushi. So i am thinking possibly the movie Animal House.

Old 02-22-2001, 04:30 PM   #8
RAISTLIN

Wow you folks are soooo deep. Vini Vidi Vici
C'mon really? I was thinking we came we saw we kicked his ass. I am not sure where it is from but when i hear it in my head with the other voices (the ones that tell me what to do) it sounds like John (maybe Jim) Belushi. So i am thinking possibly the movie Animal House.

Old 02-22-2001, 05:15 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Bravo, Rikard! I knew it was a fuzzy memory!
My active Latin vocabulary is quite tiny these days and other than those few phrases all I can tell you is :buyer beware, time flies, the boy is in the forest, and the ever useful: Where is Gaul?
LOL