Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-03-2002, 07:17 PM   #1
Darkman

What's your favorite racial enemy for Rangers in IWD & HOW?
Old 02-05-2002, 01:47 PM   #2
Darkman

Hmmm, perhaps I should rephrase this question. What is the Ranger's best racial enemy to have in IWD & HoW? I guess now it doesn't really matter that much to me since I just scrapped my latest party that had two Rangers and my new party has only one fighter type... but I am curious. I haven't gotten very far in this game yet but so far I've encounted tons of undead, which would lead me to believe that having some sort of undead as your racial enemy would be best. However, I read somewhere that undead are heavily resistant to piercing attacks, or is that just with skeletons? Either way, what do you think is the best overall racial enemy to have? Is it better to have a racial enemy that is abundant or one that is really tough but you only encounter a handful of times?
Old 02-05-2002, 01:56 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My vote would be for Spectral Undead first with Corporeal (?) Undead second and skeletal undead last. Those preferences are dictated more by what's found on Burial Isle than anything proceeding it.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 03:20 PM   #4
Durwyn
Elminster

I'll second Micah [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2002, 04:44 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
My vote would be for Spectral Undead first with Corporeal (?) Undead second and skeletal undead last. Those preferences are dictated more by what's found on Burial Isle than anything proceeding it.

Cadaverous Undead, Its Zombies And Stuff, I Use This As My Racial Enemy.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:41 PM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, i picked giants. These include frost and fire giants but orogs aswell and maybe even those bronze centries and golems (i'm not to sure if you can pick golems as a racial enemy like you could in BG2). Undead are found almost everywhere in the game but they are mostly weaklings, imo, but they could make a good racial enemy aswell.