Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-12-2002, 05:21 AM   #1
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Is TOB worth getting? Or is a PS2 better? Are there any new NPC's and new weapons in TOB?
Thanx [img]smile.gif[/img]
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 05:39 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Er, why not get booth?
TOB isn´t that expansive and you will have new items, speels, weapons, NPC´s. More adventuring, large battles and new features so if you liked the rest of the series you should definately buy this one!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 08:17 AM   #3
Ted Bigfoot
Dungeon Master

Baldur's Gate is a trillogy...
If you've completed I and II, TOB has to be bought for the finale.

This does lead me on to another question...
What's after TOB???
I don't have a PS2 (sob, sob).

--------------------
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

---------------------

**************** at the end of TOB, it refers to ******* and bigger, badder creatures - is this the setting for a future expansion? [img]graemlins/knightsmile.gif[/img]

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 02-12-2002, 08:42 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ted, I edited your post as you gave away the endgame secret of ToB - in GokuZool's post where he's *asking* about what ToB is like, having obviously never played it. I know you put a spoiler alert on your post and probably didn't mean it, but come on dude, use some commonsense.

The answer to your question was no, btw. ToB is the end of the road as far as the BG saga and Infinity Engine is concerned. Neverwinter Nights is just around the corner though - an almost infinite number of adventures.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:33 AM   #5
fable
Quintesson

The PS2 product is a simple action game, very unlike BG2, and really uses the BG signature as a means of boosting sales. (Ah, the joys of merchandising.) ToB, on the other hand, is a very worthwile add-on. True, it's quite linear, but it adds some very big battles, ups the experience and levels of your party members (50th level!), adds tons of new spells and special skills (thieves can now use any item), new monsters, a new, fun class (the wild mage), and a new party NPC who is quite a surprise, and a very welcome addition. There are also encounters tied to your past that really raise the level of drama. All in all, a fine pendant to an excellent game, IMO. [img]smile.gif[/img]
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 08:21 PM   #6
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
ToB is the end of the road as far as the BG saga and Infinity Engine is concerned.

Isn't Icewind Dale 2 going to use the infinity Engine?
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 11:27 PM   #7
Darkman

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

Isn't Icewind Dale 2 going to use the infinity Engine?

Yes, it's supposed to be a refined version of the Infinity Engine. So basically BG2 style graphics with a few minor improvements. But, after IWD 2, it's probably the end of the line for Infinity Engine