Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 02-02-2005, 07:33 AM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

OK - step by step for my good mates cerek and Hiero (the rational coot)

1) insert disc 1
2) select the "select a scene" option from the menu
3) Up comes a menu that is selecting the first scene in the movie - you can scroll down to the end to get to "herbs and rabbit" (the painful way)or hit the up button once to get there.
4) From the herbs and rabbit selection, press the down arrow once. Instead of appearing against scene 1 (like it does on the 2nd disc) the cursor highlights a ring down near the words "* new scene"
5) Hit select and away you go.

Repeat for all 3 discs.

Cheers buddies and enjoy.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:41 AM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I see where you got confused - Krunchyfrogg said it was on disc 2 - well I know that the one on the Two Towers is acccessed from herbs and rabbit and that is the end of disc 1 - I just played it again to make sure. I suspect they all were disc 1. Don't blame me - blame the frogg.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:22 AM   #13
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
I see where you got confused - Krunchyfrogg said it was on disc 2 - well I know that the one on the Two Towers is acccessed from herbs and rabbit and that is the end of disc 1 - I just played it again to make sure. I suspect they all were disc 1. Don't blame me - blame the frogg.
<font color=plum>Thanks for the help, mate. I was going to try CD1 to see if it might have been the last chapter THERE instead of CD2, just hadn't had time to do that yet. I have now managed to watch ALL of the extended DVDs except for the last half of The Return of the King. I'll be putting that in the player in just a few minutes. By lunch, I will have finally finished watching the full extended version of all 3 movies.

So far, I have to say the added scenes in The Two Towers and The Return of the King have been fantastic and really helped enhance the story. The Fellowship didn't actually have very many NEW scenes, though it did have quite a few EXTENDED scenes. But it has been so long since I saw that one in the theaters, I really couldn't tell which material was NEW or EXTENDED most of the time. With the 2nd and 3rd movies, there are many more scenes that were cut completely from the theater version - so it is much easier to tell what's been added. And even the EXTENDED scenes are easier to spot - probably since these two movies are much more recent and "fresher" in my mind.

Thanks again for the help, <font color=orange>Davros</font>. I appreciate it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] </font>
Old 02-02-2005, 08:28 AM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

From memory there was only about 20-25 mins added for the first movie, then it was something like 40-50 in each of the 2nd two. I love the extended versions, but then again, I could not get enough of the Jackson movies.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #15
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
From memory there was only about 20-25 mins added for the first movie, then it was something like 40-50 in each of the 2nd two. I love the extended versions, but then again, I could not get enough of the Jackson movies.
<font color=plum>They're fantastic without a doubt. I finished watching Return of the King about 11am. I was so caught up in the film that - when I needed to take a bathroom break - I kept trying to "hold it", even though all I had to do was hit the PAUSE button on the remote control. LOLOLOL

My favorite added scenes were the Casting Down of Saruman and the Dark Lord's Messenger. Don't know if those are the "official" titles or not, but I'm referring to Gandalf confronting Saruman in Isengard after the Battle of Helm's Deep and the Messenger sent out by Sauron to address Aragorn and the Army of the West. I knew there was some important info missing from the theater version. Aragorn's comment "For Frodo" really didn't make that much sense in the theatrical release, so I knew that they had been made to believe that Frodo was dead somehow. Adding the scene of the Messenger filled in a LOT of blanks for that scene.</font>
Old 02-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #16
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
OK - step by step for my good mates cerek and Hiero (the rational coot)

1) insert disc 1
2) select the "select a scene" option from the menu
3) Up comes a menu that is selecting the first scene in the movie - you can scroll down to the end to get to "herbs and rabbit" (the painful way)or hit the up button once to get there.
4) From the herbs and rabbit selection, press the down arrow once. Instead of appearing against scene 1 (like it does on the 2nd disc) the cursor highlights a ring down near the words "* new scene"
5) Hit select and away you go.

Repeat for all 3 discs.

Cheers buddies and enjoy.
Awesome Dav! Thanks!

And yeah, I definately agree that PJ is a living legend in cinema. When I was 11 all of my lil' buddies and I stayed over at a friends place on his birthday and we stayed up all night watching Braindead over and over. *wipes tear from eye*... The lawnmower scenes were truly inspirational. *sigh* Ah yes, they were days of youth and wonder...
Old 02-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

A also really enjoyed the commentaries - particularly the ones with the directors. Good background for why the shot scenes a certain way or how they had to cut bits out and why, and what problems they had with particular scenes.

So have you guys seen the Gollum acceptance speech now, and did you lip read Elijah Wood's comments in the audience .
Old 02-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #18
The Hierophant

Quote:

So have you guys seen the Gollum acceptance speech now, and did you lip read Elijah Wood's comments in the audience .
Not yet, I'm still at the uni library. I'll definately check it out when I get home this evening though. [img]smile.gif[/img] My flatmates will be keen to see it too.

[ 02-02-2005, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
The Hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:27 PM   #19
The Hierophant

Oh man! I watched it with my flatmates about half an hour ago and we laughed our asses off! We all fully agreed with Elijah Wood's sentiment [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
The Hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:07 AM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Awesome.