Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Zink, your divine spell ref is fabulous. Really a first-class piece of work. Hope you will be doing one for arcane spells soon.

About True Sight: I've found it doesn't always work as described. Many times my guys with TS (on some item, not the actual spell) will not fight some cleric or shaman type with sanctuary active. These are low-levels, who wouldn't have GS. Yet I click on one of them and the char just stands there while the cleric buffs up. However, my guys always do see invis enemies. It's just sanctuary where TS doesn't seem to work.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
Zink Whistlefly

Thanks Nightowl2! I appreciate the kind words and feedback [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah I've also come across that exact same issue with TS! Sometimes I've seen TS beat Sanctuary/GS, but other times not, exactly like you have. It definately needs some further investigation.

One theory is that if you enter an area with TS already active (from an earlier casting, or item like you say), people casting sanctuary/GS will beat your TS and remain untouchable. On the other hand, if you enter the area without TS active, see someone cast sanctuary/GS and then cast or equip an item with TS, you will break their sanctuary. This is only a theory and as yet not proven though!

Maybe we could use this thread to discuss improvements/corrections to the Spell Reference.

I'd love to do an arcane one, but to tell you the truth I'm really not sure when I'll be able to get it up and running, since the divine one took a long time to make, and I'd wager there's more arcane spells than divine. Maybe the arcane version could be a group effort? We'll see, but there will definately get one up in the future one way or another [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-11-2005, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Zink Whistlefly ]
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Some spells like Greater Sanctuary are indeed bugged. I vaguely recall Premonition or Shadowshield or similar faltering for no apparent reason as well, though it's old second-hand knowledge so I can't give you all the ins and outs of it. The theory at the time was that the order in which you cast your buffs had something to do with the effectiveness of certain individual spells. No doubt the crowds on the hardcore pvp servers can enlighten you.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote