Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #1
Zink Whistlefly

Default Mutilate

I'll be level 78 soon, and when I ding I'm going to move from combat swords to mutilate. I'm already revered with the The Kalu'ak so getting two Traditional Flensing Knives which have a very good item level compared to quest rewards at that level will be the way to start, but it's when I hit 80 that I can't quite decide what to get...

I can get a couple of these IL200 daggers off the AH which have very nice DPS indeed, but when I last ran mutilate many moons ago it was recommended to run with 2 slow daggers.

I'm not so sure this is the case now though, mainly due to the fact that poisons got some scaling love (and wound poison now has a 50% proc rate, counts towards the +50% damage boost for mutilate and as far as I can tell out-performs instant poison for DPS by quite a margin (even with 5/5 Improved Poisons)). Faster weapons = more poison procs, but also better energy regeneration through Focussed Attacks - better energy regen = more mutilates, so combined with faster poison procs, it seems that my DPS will be higher despite the fact that the actual mutilates with these will hit like a wet fish!

This is my anticipated level 80 PvE build: 51/13/7. I figured I would run with Wounding MH /Deadly OH for Envenom. Imp. Slice and Dice doesn't seem to be necessary because of Cut to the Chase. Thoughts? (I couldn't decide what to take out of dagger spec or master poisoner)...

Anyone got much experience with this setup, or with any mutilate theorycrafting?
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Mutilate

I'm raiding as mutilate right now.

You'll need fast/faster daggers for mutilate. The 2 Liberian Paper Cutters are the best daggers for mutilate pre naxx. Get it at any cost.

For poison, you'll need deadly poison at main hand and instant poison at off hand. Instant poison will start doing more damage at 4/5 improve poison onwards.

Your spec needs a little change, you need improve poison, you do not need vigor.

This is a standard raid mutilate spec. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ef0exoi0oIzAo0xV0hZxb

Quick recovery is just a filler, you can either put it in murder (useless in naxx) or fleet footed (useless if you have death knights in the raid)

For more info check : http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37183-pocket_guide_wotlk/

Also download vulajin's spreadsheet : http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t27244-r...t_spreadsheet/
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Default Re: Mutilate

I got both LPC and they are great. I respecced from Combat swords (with level 70 gladiator swords) to a mutilate build that I fancied...45/15/10. I like it. HfB is apparently a pain in the arse to keep up all the time, so I decided against it. I'm not raiding (yet, and probably never) so this is fun. I can hold my own in PVP (although I didn't go the mutilate/prep spec) and it's fun. Rogues to me are daggers anyway, if I'd have had daggers at level 70 I'd have been mutilate all along.