Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-26-2003, 02:58 PM   #1
Saturos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello, people. New users first post. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am in the late stages of Throne of Bhaal, and I was about to enter the room with the final test in the Pocket Plane, when suddenly my love, Aerie, tells me she is pregnant. I answered her, as I always have, nicely, and told her I am thrilled. Well, the problem is that I am eager to finish this wonderful game, and after what I've heard, being pregnant is a long progress. [img]tongue.gif[/img] So my question is, how long until Aerie gets the baby? I hope it won't take 9 in-game months, because I'm really excited about fighting Melissan with Balthazar by my side. On the other hand, I also want to experience how my character will be as a father.
So, how long? Can I just use the old 'leave the game at pause for an hour'-trick, and Aerie will give birth, or must I rest/travel for a specific in-game time?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Saturos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 03:26 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

First of all, Welcome to Ironworks Saturos [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

About Aerie and the pregnancy, and I know from experience, she won't have the baby until after you beat the game. She was pregnant right after I beat Yaga-Shura and she still never had it. The only way I've heard of that she can have the baby is that you travel from Watcher's Keep to Amkathren (sorry about the spelling) about... 20 times or more. When you do that, she'll feel a slight kicking and she may have it, but I don't really know. But, in case you haven't beat ToB just yet, you'll find out what happens after the game with the baby, but I'm not saying what

Peace
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 04:52 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

No, she can get her baby during the game, but there is a time to it, and when I checked, it was very long. Something like: 142347838 or something like that. YOu could used Shadowkeeper, and change that variable to 1, and see what happen.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:04 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

As I said before, it can happen, just takes awhile.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 08:56 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can make your party languish in your planar stronghold till Aerie breaks her water. Just keep hitting the Z key. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 09:42 AM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

And then what ?
An infant pops out or something ? She leaves the party ? You get to go search for a good daycare center ?
Plz feel free to spoil [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2003, 10:58 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

What else? Aerie gives birth, and you get to be the second daddy Bhaalspawn.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 12:45 PM   #8
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Now, this topic has always made me wonder..

Aerie is an Avariel - an elf with wings. She might have lost them, but that doesn't change her genetic make up.
The protagonist is probably either an elf or a human.

Will their baby grow wings?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:59 PM   #9
daan
Silver Dragon

And can you treat it as a familiar or something ?
( whack it in the head, pet it, feed it, make him say "daddy", put it in your backpack )

Does it follow you around ? Is aerie complaining about looking fat after childbirth ?
Old 02-27-2003, 03:56 PM   #10
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Oh my Godd, She has a baby??????? My sis's pal Kai will be a daddy, if his game haden't buggered up so totally. Ooooops. And I bet Aerie does complain, too. About looking fat.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote