Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-03-2004, 08:13 AM   #1
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

ok i really wanted to call the police, but...i'm stillw aiting to be fully paid by them. "them" who? the people i babysit for. they are potheads. i don't really have a problem with that....i mean honestly, if you're not endangering your children or anyone else, i couldn't care less. but....

these people smoke around their kids (ages 3yrs and 15months) all the time. take care of their kids during time which they can't even remember anything, and have left paraphenalia in not just their kids reach, but my 10mos! so yeh, i turned around on wednesday and found a bowl in carol's mouth.

i wanted to call the cops then and there. but i waited to see if they would pay me off. they didn't so i waited. friday the dad went to work with a sack in his pocket. he works at a commissary on an army post. i itched to call the mp's but i want my money. sunday i was supposed to be paid in ful ($30) i got $10. so i called child and youth on monday. their kids are hit for the little infractions (even that 15 month old) and the yelling! also...they "can't" afford $10 shoes from wally world for their son. but i saw mike take at least a $20sack. they picked up shoes for him at the foodbank (free clothing and stuff there too) great at least he is shod, but don't tell me they couldn't afford it.

so i called child and youth. they have been called lots of time for the things they have done drugs wise and to their kids. i know their are many people on this board who use weed, good for you, i hope you're not neglecting you kids. or other responsibilities. i really don't care what you do with your life as long as it's not effecting others.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:22 AM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

Good for you RevRuby, sounds to me like you made the right call! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 08:29 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I think you did the right thing. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #4
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

ty. i really wanted to post this somewhere. most people i talk to know how frustrated i am with it, but they actually go to some of the other forums i visit. i love it here. it is a sanctuary from some of the people i can't stand most!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:30 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am glad you took care of that matter, and only wish you would have done it faster and also had reported it to all the above mentioned places...cops and the MPs to make sure that if they don't get whipped by one, the other would get them.

I spare no punches in such circumstances.

For example, I knew a 5 year old girl that was being molested by her mother's boyfriend. I told the cops, Social Services, and members of both families. I saw no reason to take the chance that he'd somehow get away with it.

By the way...it turned out that the SS did not have enough staff to cover all the reports they had, so it would have been likely that this matter would not have been resolved in a timely manner if I had just called them alone. When they heard that I had made reports to other authorities however, they suddenly had more time to spare!

[ 11-03-2004, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #6
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i wish i would have odne it sooner but...calling the police on wednesday would have left me int eh position of them being able to get revenge. i must protect me and mine too. calling the mp's would have left me in the same position, since mike would have known who told. i can't be int hat position especially while at their home at the mercy of getting through them after tehy come home, just for me to leave.

so perhaps i have been compacent too long, but....i do need to protect my own babies. and i need to protect me.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #7
Marathon
Elminster

You definitely did the right thing - once you have the responsibility of a child (much less two) you need to change your priorities. Sounds like they haven't, or can't. As for the money - it sucks, but you may never get it. I think I would have called the cops if I saw my little girl with a bowl in her hands.

This is not an anti-drug rant, either. I could care less what someone does, until they are responsible for the welfare of a child.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:40 PM   #8
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

as i said before i sgree marathon. i don't care if you hurt yourself (ok i do care, i love people, but it's your decision)

but i do care if drugs ruin a family life. i am so glad i did what i did. and when i go back to babysit on friday i'll prolly make another call to child and youth adding to my knowledge. and theirs. i will make the call from home after babysitting so i don't leave any evidence there. i gotta stay int he kids lives til something better happens.

having seen the way she treats her children i know she and her husband would not be afraid to hurt me and/or my children if they knew it was me. so i have to move slowly and carfeully. thanks for your support. everyone.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:56 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I definitely think you did the right thing, Rev. Somebody has to be on the kids' side, and that somebody was you.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:11 PM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

you did it? yay! it took alot of courage girl, when you go back on friday, you should be really careful, and when you make the call, make sure you report it to the state police too. the state police work faster than county or city, so it would really benifit the kids to make that call. also, if I were in your posistion I would somehow inform the MP's that he is taking it on the base.