Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-17-2004, 01:52 PM   #21
philip
Galvatron

Anyone else have trouble with random crashes mostly when you click on links and buttons with javascript commands on them? I'm using that preview prerelease.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #22
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
Anyone else have trouble with random crashes mostly when you click on links and buttons with javascript commands on them? I'm using that preview prerelease.
I don't have any problems.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:04 PM   #23
Lord High Eater of Legs
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Yeh, sometimes, Java seems to screw up Firefox, but I still place it way above IE.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:25 AM   #24
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by frudi_x:
Spirits, regarding extensions...
AdBlock is a must, it allows you to block ALL ads on any webpage (yes, including those annoying flash-ads). you can even import filter lists that contain rules to block practicly any adserver you ever come across.
Tabbrowser Extensions adds a ton of options for more efficient tab management and Mouse Gestures can speed up your surfing if you don't have a mouse with extra buttons. Dictionary Search and Allow Right-click are also useful. oh, and Gmail Notifier if you got a Gmail account.
hmm thanks! i just got them....well i didn't but i'm about to.....well i'm going to when i get back from school there. and what's up w/ the new version, it's already got a hotmail notifier?

Old 10-18-2004, 07:47 AM   #25
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Bahamut, extensions are like mini programs/add-ons that increase the functionality of the browser.

Firefox ships with full functionality as a stand-alone browser but some people prefer to have a little more functionality over the standard offering, that's where the extensions come in.

The best thing about extensions versus all-one-super-mumbo-jumbo browser is that you only download and use extensions that you need so that the browser will not be too bloated to the extent that it takes too much resources to run.

One of the good example of extensions is the mouse gesture. You could live without this feature but people like me would say otherwise.

Another good example of the extension is the "fireFTP". With this extension, you will have a built in (complete but rather simple) FTP client into the Firefox browser. FTP client is not as useful as it used to be nowadays because of P2P progras like Kazaa and BitTorrent but once in a while I do find the need to use a FTP client. *mumble* if only someone would bother to make a BitTorrent client extension... now, that is one very useful extension, IMO.

[ 10-18-2004, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 10-18-2004, 08:31 AM   #26
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord High Eater of Legs:
quote:
Yeh, sometimes, Java seems to screw up Firefox, but I still place it way above IE. [/QUOTE]I see. Well nothing to do about it as I love firefox way too much but I'd hoped for maybe a wrokaround or something. Maybe later in an update [img]smile.gif[/img]