Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-03-2003, 03:56 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

For the first time I am taking a thief through bg2 and have upped my detect illusion ability to 100 points.

now in the planner sphere I have come across those Djinni types that go invisable in a ring of fire, leaving my hero and mazzy waiting around till they reappear. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Why is this so? will 100 points not give me maximum seeing? or is it like the pickpocket ability where I should go for over 100? or have I wasted valuble points? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[ 03-03-2003, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 04:48 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

AFAIK, Detect Illusions is an activated ability - uses the same button as Detect Traps.
And, unless you don`t have a Mage or Cleric, then yeah - you`ve wasted some ability points. True Sight is *much* more useful if you can get it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:57 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

Yup, have to activate it first . .at which time it acts like a True-sight spell [img]smile.gif[/img] .. I think its the detect traps-button
Old 03-03-2003, 11:07 AM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Yes, Detect Illusions does indeed use the Detect Traps button.

It has two advantages over True Sight... First, it endless. Second -- and this is probably important only to people who play with the Tactics Mod -- it is not classified as a Divination spell. This makes it a great tool versus Mages who favor the Spell Immunity : Divination + Improved Invisibility combo.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:19 AM   #5
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Sure about that Alson? I'm pretty sure I've gotten the "Spell Ineffective" message once or twice when I've used it with my Swashie vs mages with SI Divination.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:28 PM   #6
Alson
Galvatron

Quite sure, yes.

Perhaps the "Spell Ineffective" message was referring to you? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] It happens if you, say, wear the Cloak of Cheese and a Mage casts some spell on you. You'll see:

Tenora: Spell Ineffective

Even though it was the Mage who casted the spell.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 02:36 PM   #7
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm nope. She used no such things, doubt I even picked it up [img]smile.gif[/img] I suppose it could just be my memory faltering again, or maybe it could've been one of those few rare occasions where I read a SI scroll.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:40 AM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

THX guys

and just for clarifacation is a 100 points all I need? would it be a waste to add more?

and just for refrance I do have Arie with me for a very short time till I get the bag of holding [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] and for romance-bohdi plot. but she is not up to true seeing status and if she does not stop crying she never will [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
will toss her aside very soon leaving thief and mazzy. So seeing my oponent is very important.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote