Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Okay, I am trying to work with a host of hak packs (specifically the ones for Escape From Undermountain) in order to try out a few new weapon and armor ideas. When creating all the items, everything seemed to show up properly. When I went into the module (because for a change I have time to do such) I found my character brought in from Ziroc's module was missing clothes AND the module hung up on me when I went into one of the directories for the new items. (This occured on the fifth page of the black crate I created.) What gives? I thought I installed all of the hak files in the correct order in the module in order to prevent such an issue. How would I go about correcting this? And should have I been expecting this when at least ten robes did not show up as I was scrolling through different robes to choose from to put over an armor style?

====
====

This is what my custom content listing looks like:

efu10_patch2
efu10_patch
efu10_2das
efu10_place
efu10_tiles1
efu10_tiles2
efu10_textures
efu10_sounds
cep1patch153
cep1patch152
cep1patch150
cep1patch
cep2da
cepanatomy
cepbaseitem
cepcreature
cepplace
cepportrait
ceptexture

Custom Tlk File = cep

I didn't make any extra scripts, added no events, or recrafted anything at all. I just want to make sure anything I try to create works the first time around. I cannot afford to massively screw up anything, or it's just not worth sending them off to Ziroc in the first place. It has to be right the first time around if they are to have any hope of success.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Problem is your tlkfile.

You need to use the arnadencep version. It has CEP+EFU stuff.

In the new patch v3.0, I have updated the tlkfile for new stuff. (and latest cep stuff).

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

And that is why I love this place.
See that?
REAL answers from REAL people.
Something I hope Obsidian continues with their brand new release of NeverWinter Nights 2 (although I still have not opened the box....)
Okay, I wil go through this file again and readjust my custom tlk file. Please ignore the first file I sent off to you (or just change the custom tlk file within before surging through it).

Edited for faulty logic on my part:
Nope, still didn't work. Should I delete the crate I made and then fill five separate boxes with the items to see which item (or items) is causing the crash? Every time I hit that fifth section of items, one of them causes the entire module to cave in on me. I have since changed the tlk file to the arnaden_cep tlk file, but no such good fortunes. *ponders the solution for this*

Okay, so now I have narrowed it down to one group of weapons I created. I'll try to go into the set further by redoing the boxes. I am going to find out what the heck is freezing the game out. *sighs a little more* I just wish I was smarter so I could decipher what I messed up with in the order of the hak files. They LOOK as if they are all in the right spots, but I cannot be 100% certain if the file keeps on crashing.

FOUND IT. It was a hammer that I placed in the module. I could only create the look of the hammer by using a dire mace skin. I just guess I won't be using that hammer then. Perhaps if I just placed one with that skin (which I believe is from Fable) into the dire mace series it might work? Who knows. Well, at least I have that issue solved. *sighs* Now, to figure out why all those robes are not working...

[ 11-08-2006, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Actually, they will probably work for Z, since he has his ducks in the right row...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

after discovering I did not have CEP version 1.51 installed, I went to download it. should I include that patch in my listing for all things *.hak when it comes to compiling the modules again? maybe that would explain why I am missing so many robes and not able to get certain weapons to show up properly even inside of the toolset. I'll be experimenting more with NWN as until I get the new computer completed, I will not be able to PLAY NWN 2 at all. (Which sucks, really.) Oh well, I have another $400 or so to go before I can play the game which only put me out $80 CDN. ($200+ for the new video card, $200+ for the RAM. new processor was purchased some time ago, same with tne new motherboard. I should actually get around to installing the stuff into the new case, shouldn't I?)

edited for cursing: now I am REALLY confused. there isn't a "separate" patch for 1.51. I think it was just some editing and additions for the 1.50 setup of the CEP. does that mean I already had it installed this entire time? I don't want to install anything that is going to nuke all of what I had put down to begin with. *feels my brain hurting* for now I am not even going to go close to it. I'll just leave it alone and be thankful that I can play in the server without my system crashing too often.

oh, and Ziroc? if you (and RTB for that matter) haven't already, check out some work by a person named "nirvy" on the NWVault? they have some stuff you both might have some interest in (if you haven't already copped it all).

[ 11-10-2006, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]