Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #1
Son of Osiris

I will continually update this post as I develop methods of whipping Bandits.

[img]graemlins/badass.gif[/img] The "Wake-up-Mister-Rogers-It's-Time-For-Your-Sleeping-Pill" tactic: My favourite. When you see a group of bandits, cast a sleep spell on them. I recommend you do it TWICE incase someone is still standing. Then kick their asses! It works for me.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
That's interesting. I prefer the "You-got-beef-with-me?" method. You just walk up to them and beat the living daylights out of them. It's about 2 seconds for 6 bandits.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:04 AM   #3
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

I usually shout: "Here - catch this skull (or fire ball)". Afterwards I use the chop-chop method to make minc meat out of them [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 10-15-2003, 11:05 AM   #4
GodzGift
Dungeon Master

i like to charm a few of them and make them kick each other's butt...LOL. then i hack up the charmed guys!
GodzGift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 02:17 PM   #5
philip
Galvatron

my tactic's called solo f/m/t. it's working great so far (chapter 3, all areas under and next to beregost cleared except durlag's tower), better than with a party, don't know why. i use a composite longbow +1 and bracers of archery, or at the few times i'm in melee long sword +1 and medium shield, and it's working great. guess bandits don't like to catch my arrows. so i call it the 'my arrows are lonely can they join your party? method [img]smile.gif[/img]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 05:08 AM   #6
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

"How to fix Bandits" ????

A clever guy once said:
"If it ain't broken, then don't fix it"

I guess we can make an exception here. Bandits use to be very broken after I have fixed them [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 10-16-2003, 08:43 AM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

I usually go for the scalps.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:45 PM   #8
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm this sounds like im going for a *Bandit hunt*!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 05:09 AM   #9
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

the best way iv found is just to go in swords blazing and kick all their asses. No tactics, there not good enough for tactics [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 07:48 AM   #10
Bernardo
Manshoon

I usually gave them the money and as soon as the dialog box closes, I stop the game with pause and cast a "trapping" spell like "web" or something like that;
As soon as I start again the game they get suck and I kill them... you can then take back your money.