Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-08-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Just giving a shout to those who havn't heard of it- It's blizzard's next game, a MMORPG, with your races from WarCraft, plus a few extra

Its a lot to explain, but the game itself looks awesome, and will definatley be on par with EQ2 when it comes out. Heres the link, anyone who like WC should check it out:

www.blizzard.com/wow

Also for you blood elf lovers...BE will be a playable race when WoW makes its 1st expansion [img]smile.gif[/img] (im almost positive at least)
Old 09-10-2003, 01:55 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

The playable races are the Humans, the Night Elves and the Dwarves on the side of the alliance. And the Orcs, the Tauren and the Undead on the side of the horde. Some of the playable classes are the Hunter, the Warlock, the Druid, the Warrior, the Mage, and the Shaman.

[ 09-10-2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I don't know whether I want to play this game or not, after several experience with Blizzard's games. I can always know what will happen after a player beat the game.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:55 PM   #4
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

WoW sounds like a really great game but I'd rather that Blizzard works on StarCraft 2...
Old 09-11-2003, 07:22 PM   #5
Sythe
Ra

I would buy this game if it wasn't such a rip off. Why a ripoff? Simpily because you spend fifty bucks just to buy the game. And each month you gotta pay at least!! 10 dollars. Blizzard is sucking up your money like vaccum cleaner. But who knows maybe they need money to make Starcraft 2.

But of course that is just my opinoin.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:38 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Servers do not run for free. I mean... what do you think? That little fairies magically maintain the servers while the people use them? Ironworks services only a few hundred people at a time, and the bills are bad enough as it is. Battlenet serves millions, so think about it the next time you want to scoff at the idea of helping to pay the bills.

Blizzard has done a remarkable job of keeping BN free at the start, but it was bound to start charging sooner or later.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:04 AM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Servers do not run for free. I mean... what do you think? That little fairies magically maintain the servers while the people use them? Ironworks services only a few hundred people at a time, and the bills are bad enough as it is. Battlenet serves millions, so think about it the next time you want to scoff at the idea of helping to pay the bills.

Blizzard has done a remarkable job of keeping BN free at the start, but it was bound to start charging sooner or later.
That's undeniably true, but at least 10 dollars a month all of a sudden? They should have started with a one-time entry-fee of 10 dollar, then a monthly fee of 1-2 dollars. A LOT more gamers will be willing to pay that, thus increasing the total income. Now they will lose many, many gamers, which will offcourse drop their monthly costs of maintaining their servers, but also decreases their income from their taxes.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:53 AM   #8
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

People who want to play the game will play it anyway and be happy to pay the fee in order to do so, like myself [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2003, 07:43 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

1-2 dollars! Crikey, I think you have little idea on how much it takes to maintain a server. Remember, there are wages( remember, no fairies [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), bandwidth bills, hardware maintenance/upgrades, etc... ...

It does not come cheap.

I for one find 10 a month very reasonable already.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 04:59 AM   #10
Manshoon

If I understand correctly, the main reason they're imposing the fee on battle.net with WOW is because it won't just be played over and over like Diablo... it's going to be played and modified and have new adventures and quests and maps made up every so often, somewhat similar to NWN. That would require a lot more people to be constantly working on it and making the changes and modifications than it would to just set it up on Bnet and let it go, so to speak. I may be wrong, maybe I just misinterpreted something I read, but if that IS the case, I'd gladly pay the battle.net fee to see what kind of stuff the Blizzard people do with that freedom.

They haven't let me down yet [img]smile.gif[/img]