Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 07:53 PM   #1
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Who uses a homemade class and who uses the classes that come pre-made with Morrowind? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I use a homemade thief/trader class for my character. He is skilled in light armor, short blade, spear and Illusion. Beyond that all of his skills are non-combat ones, the only non-combat skills that he doesn't have are armorer, enchant and alchemy.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 08:49 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I use adventurer.

his major skill are long sword, block, heavy armor, Athletics ,Acrobatics.
his minor skill are destruction, restoration, security,sneak,speechcraf.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 01:40 PM   #3
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

The first time I played, I tried a Spellsword. I was not enjoying it, (actually got tired of getting killed and trying to use skills I was not comfortable with) so I created my own character that did all the things I wanted to do. Wood Elf, Atronach, Long Sword, Light Armor, Marksman, Acrobatics, Athletics, Conjuration, Illusion, Alteration, Speechcraft and Restoration. Finished at level 52 mostly using my tried and true method of "if it moves aggressively towards me, beat it until it stops moving".

This time I around I am trying a Orc Magic user (Atronach) with Major: Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, Enchant, Illusion, and Minor: Speechcraft, Mysticism, Restoration, Blunt Weapon and Heavy armor. I tried a Breton with Unarmored, but she kept getting killed by Cliff Racers before she could do enough damage/paralyze. The Orc can take more hits while he fries, freezes or shocks them back into the hell they were spawned from [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 09:56 AM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Custom made classes are always the way to go. I've restarted countless times and always used a custom class.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 08:24 AM   #5
u_u
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep, my character is custom and is a "do everything, don't specialize in anything" kinda character =P.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:11 AM   #6
Lox
Manshoon

I use a custom mage-fighter (heavy on the mage) character. Apparently it's too heavy on the mage because a lot of things still kill me. He's a Breton with the Majors, Alteration, Destruction, Enchant, Restoration, and Conjuration. His Minors are Light Armor, Short Blade, Alchemy, Speechcraft, and something else that should be Illusion (which I made a misc skill).
The problem I'm having is I can't carry enough, and I'm worried about leaving stuff lying around (stuff I've looted already I mean.) Basically, if something is worth less than 100 I leave it unless it is really light. Perhaps I just need to kill a golden saint and enchant something with constant feather effect.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:57 AM   #7
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Custom is the only way to fly. I made a Wood Elf Mage/Thief that has really turned into more of a theif mage. I was born under the sign of the Lady with Major Skills of Marksman, Sneak, Conjuration, Restoration, Unarmored and Minor Skills of Enchant, Illusion, Security, Short Blade, Speechcraft. The Conjuration and restoration really helped at the beginning but now I just use the plethora of items and scrolls I am carrying. I did have some weight carrying issues but I have managed to get my Strength up to about 55 or so which helped tremendously. It also helps that I wear no armor at all.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 06:46 PM   #8
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

Regarding leaving stuff behind:

1. I clear a site of hostiles.
2. NEVER "Dispose of Corpse" for character level gen'd critters, ONLY NPC's. Why? NPC do not respawn but other stuff may before you finish cleaning, repairing and healing.
3. Set a mark.
4. Pick-up as much as I can and if Feather does not get me back to the Mark collection point, Recall.
5. When area cleaned, pick everything up and use and Intervention spell/scroll.
6. Sell
7. Recall
8. Continue exploring

PS: My Orc Magic user has started getting nasty with a one-handed hammer because I run out of magicka before I can finish off a couple of opponents. Just cannot do enough damage with a 12-25 sp destruction spell. Very discouraging, but not giving up hope yet because I am working on Enchanted items to augment my magic assualt. Should that fail, I am still looking for a good staff or two since a "proper" Wizard IMHO should carry and use a staff [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 11:51 PM   #9
Serykar
Dungeon Master

I use a custom class, but mostly magic skills.
Major skills are Restore, Destroy, Conjure, Unarmored, and Mysticism.
For minor I picked Blunt Weapon, Enchant, Alteration, Speechcraft, and Illusion.

I'm up to around level twenty and so far it's been pretty good. The only one I regret was Conjuration, since I almost never use it. If I did it again I would have dropped Conjuration, moved up Illusion (I use calm a lot on all those random animals, since there's no real point in fighting them), and added Alchemy instead. (The potion making looks fun, I'll probably make that one a major if I make a second character.)
Old 07-23-2002, 12:38 AM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

Mine is a Orc called Tur'Zulog.
Class-Traveller
Major Skills- Alchemy, Armorer, Axe, Heavy Armor, Mercantile
Minor Skills- Destruction, and the rest I forget.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote