Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 11:18 PM   #1
Javrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyway to change it? My mouse BARELY moves and I would LOVE it to move faster. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:42 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Is this just in W&W, or does it happen all the time?

If it happens all the time, then, depending on your operating system, go into Control Panel and look for the Mouse icon. That's where you set things like speed and sensitivity for the mouse.

Be sure to test it out first before saving. Nothing more exciting than discovering that you've put your mouse on performance-enhancing drugs and it now flies across the screen at the slightest touch. You'd be amazed how much control you *DON'T* have...

If it's in W&W, you might take a look at game speed in the Controls area. That might help out...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 01:20 AM   #3
Javrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, it's just in W&W. My mouse sensativity is very high in my control panel, but when I get to play W&W it barely moves at all and the difference is driving me nuts. I play an hour of W&W and then I get back to my desktop and I'm all out of wack. I will try the gamespeed thing. Is that the thing that says real time *line* slow time? And would this effect more things in the game or just my mouse speed? Thanks for your help.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:29 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

I don´t think you can fix this by changing your windows settings. Since I got myself a cordless mouse plugged into USB, my pointer flies across the screen at mach 2 when playing some games. So far I haven´t been able to fix that. I wonder if there can be any 3rd party sofware to deal with this. Might be worth to google on that.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 08:37 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I never used the mouse for movement in W&W - I like the keyboard instead. The mouse was used to only click on necessary things, and the number pad keys got me around very quickly indeed. I even developed a nice cross hands technique for when I needed to press additional keys (shift, control) other than the movement keys (which I worked with my left hand).

Try that and see if you aren't happier with your speed!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 01:14 PM   #6
Javrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I would try that, but then how would I target things with the cursor?
Old 03-08-2003, 02:02 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Still use the mouse for targeting - I only used the mouse for things I would need to click but never for movement!

Needing to use the mouse sometimes is why I got into the habit of using the number keys with my left hand, so I could still have my right hand on the mouse (in my case, a trackball) and sometimes ended up crossing my right hand over the left to do the additional keys like shift or control.

Works great!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 04:30 AM   #8
Javrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh ok, I se what you are saying. Yes I do that. I play alot of first person shooter games, so I have my movement as folows:

forward: W
backward: S
strafe right: D
strafe left: A

And in most of my games I just have to move the mouse to look up, down, right, left, but this game you either have to click mouse button 1 or use other keys, so I do what I think you do and set my arrow keys to look. So I have my actual movements on my left hand and my right hand is to look. I just wish there was a way to change the sensitivity of the mouse, it still throws me off.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:05 PM   #9
macoati
Manshoon

W&W also utilizes the arrow keys. (I'm only talking about the standard 101 keys areas). I angle my keyboard (rotating it clockwise) and slide it left so my left hand reaches the arrow keys easily. I can, in this way, operate all the movement with my left hand including SHIFT and CTRL (these two even at the same with my pinky)...this leaves my right hand free for the mouse.

Been using that technique ever since I started playing CRPGs (and you don't want to know how many years that is [img]smile.gif[/img] )

If this doesn't make sense... I can take a picture and post it if you'd like (?).