Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2003, 12:53 PM   #1
GForce

So after work I'm waiting for my bus. I notice a kitten and thought it was strayed because it had no collar, very young, and meowing for attention. The kitten steps into the busy street and I noticed there was a bus barreling down the road towards the kitten. My first thought was to go for the kitten but it was too far for me to reach in time. Fortunately, at the last moment, the bus driver notices the kitten and veers off just in time. The frightened kitten bolts back to my side of the street into some underbushes, meowing. Now there is an apartment complex right behind me and the bus stop. So naturally I thought, hmmm, maybe that's where this kitten was from. First I debated, should I get the kitten and miss my bus? Well, there will be another one I thought. So as my bus nears me I waved it off and picked up the kitten. I went to the apt manager and explained my story. They were three woman there and very nice. They accepted the kitten and said they will take care of it. I might have taken it in myself but my apt doesn't allow pets. Well, in the end I'm glad I did that. I know I would've regretted not helping. This was not the first time to help or rescue an animal. It's my karma and I accept.

Anyone else have a story to share?

Old 10-28-2003, 12:56 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I saved a headhog last year. I was walking and suddenly noticed something moving along the road. So i sprinted there picked the animal up before a car would kill it took it home,told my father and together we went to a pretty big place with big forest and put him there. Also the was a fence around it so there was no fear that he would end up below someone`s tires.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Last winter I went to Wendys late at night to fufil a chili urge. While in the drive-thru I saw a skinny old cat in the parking lot that was hiding under cars and meowing. I ordered my chili and a burger and parked the car to try to get this cat out of the freezing single digit temperatures, but the cat would not come anywhere near me. I tried for 1/2 an hour to get the cat to come to me, but it wouldn't let it's guard down. Finally, I took the meat out of my burger and threw it over onto the icy ground near the kitty, thinking if I couldn't get the cat to come in from the cold, that I would at least leave it with a warm meal.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:55 PM   #4
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

You're crazy, Chewbacca. I wouldn't give you my burger if you held a gun to my head. But then I'm just like that with food [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, nice stories, guys. I once freed a mouse from a polythene bag while I was walking in my local park, but that's about it. I don't know if that counts as 'saving it' but I certainly helped the little mite on its way
Old 10-28-2003, 03:03 PM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:

Anyway, nice stories, guys. I once freed a mouse from a polythene bag while I was walking in my local park, but that's about it. I don't know if that counts as 'saving it' but I certainly helped the little mite on its way
Same as mine. All I've done in 13 years is sit at the side of a busy road trying to pick up a struggling butterfly that couldn't get onto the pavement. I did in the end, and put him in the hedge.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 10-28-2003, 03:36 PM   #6
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Right on guys. I would do the same thing for any animal in need. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 05:21 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
What great stories! I've never come across a little animal in need, but um, last night I saved my kitten from a storm! She was totally terrified, trying to escape so I popped her up in my bed with me and cuddled her till she felt calmed and could sleep [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 05:43 PM   #8
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
What great stories! I've never come across a little animal in need, but um, last night I saved my kitten from a storm! She was totally terrified, trying to escape so I popped her up in my bed with me and cuddled her till she felt calmed and could sleep [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just out of curiosity, have you ever met Rolf Harris? He loves animals and them digeridoos as well. You two would get on like a house on fire [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 05:59 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Just out of curiosity, have you ever met Rolf Harris? He loves animals and them digeridoos as well. You two would get on like a house on fire [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Whoosh! That went straight over my head! [img]graemlins/reallyroll.gif[/img]