Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-12-2005, 04:46 AM   #1
Greidee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi

I've just been re-playing WW over xmas - sort of a virtual holiday. Anyway, i was just following a couple of old threads about hacking things, and it occurred to me that maybe the reason that inventory files are repeated in each file is because each file has a copy of the "clean" inventory for the re-start in town. Don't know if anyone else has raised this, but it may be interesting for someone to nut out. Might have a copy of all characters inventory for "reset adventures" too.

Any thoughts??
Greidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:28 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Reset Adventures will not rob you for your property [img]smile.gif[/img] Only a few quest items will vanish, for example:

- The Mavin Sword
- The Signet Ring
- The Staff of Power
- Algamesh Amulet
- All Tomes of Creation
- Miner's Permit
- Masque of Evil
- The Serpent Wand
- Ardibren's Journal
- Scroll of Galian
- The Lamp of Alabala

Most of your property will remain where it belongs. Among others:

- All "normal" items and all "artifacts" no matter whether they were blessed/enchanted or not. The blessing or enchanting will not be removed from the items.
- Money
- Ankhs
- Assassin's Dagger
- Orb of Clarity
- Kerielle's Potion(s)
- Dragon Arrow(s)
- Dragon Plate Mail(s)
- Ardibren's Keepsake
- Band of Boars
- Eye of the Serpent
- Trenent Seed(s)
- Ring of Neptune
- Strumbold's Helm
- Gos'Hin Shield
- No Dachi of the Stone
- Sword of Kerah
- Raptor Eggs
- Spider Eggs
- Skulls

If you want to prepare a "hot start" file for later use with W&W then I recommend the following:

(1) Prepare five mules in the inn. Each mule will be a "veteran" who has already played the game so that he is able to complete any task you need him to complete.
(2) Equip the mules with precious items, ankhs, Amulets of Holding, Rings of Mariin, and "surviving" quest items.
(3) Reset adventures and save the game (after letting someone leave Valeia).
(4) Archive the game.

Now, whenever you return to W&W, you can copy your saved game back and decide how you can play the game. The mules will allow you everything [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Note that you don't need to exploit all possibilities.
My saved game cosists of level 75 Zenmaster, Valkyrie, Assassin, Bard, and Warlock. The first mule (Zenmaster) has 30M of gold in the bank. The Valkyrie is able of Fletchery and owns 15 Dragon Arrows +14 (each of them can be sold for 2.5M of gold). We have heaps of ankhs, surviving quest items, fine weapons, enchanted robes and armor, Eyes of Heaven and so on
Old 01-12-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Greidee!!!

One of the inventory listings would be what you currently have. One would be from the last time you were in town (in case you need to revert to that time).
The third listing may also be from a specific time within the game or may be there just to making hacking more difficult!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:36 PM   #4
Greidee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tip Radek. I've been flogging that to death the last couple of games (ever since the 23 minute challenge came up).

Wyvern: That's what i thought too. I suppose it doesn't make much difference which is which.
Greidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Greidee:
Thanks for the tip Radek. I've been flogging that to death the last couple of games (ever since the 23 minute challenge came up).

Wyvern: That's what i thought too. I suppose it doesn't make much difference which is which.
It does make a difference when you are trying to change an item so it shows up in your inventory when you load your saved game. I found that making the changes in the very last of the inventory listing seemed to be the appropriate place. When I was first trying to hack items, I was making the changes in all of the inventories - more work than was needed.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote