Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 12:47 PM   #1
Desert
Welcomed New User

I can't find any mention of it in the book, and I have no idea when or why it happened, but my strength is 32 while everything else is higher, and my strength is the only one in the red. I know I started the game off with a strength of 30 (I am a high elf, and the x-box made me a pilgrim based on my answering questions)

I am level 2 and I'm pretty sure I advanced my strength.

My question is
why is it red?
how can i boost strength?
as a high elf pilgrim should i continue boosting my short blade medium armor, of should i start doing magik (aside from the healing I already do)

sorry, whatta friggin newbie!
Old 07-31-2002, 01:10 PM   #2
Lox
Manshoon

Ok, first off, your strength is red because of some sort of drain effect. You either have a disease or were hit by a spell or attack that drained your strength. You need to cast a restore stregth spell or drink a similar potion. I think, (I'm not sure, but I think) a *fortify* strength potion or spell will do the same. The fortify will boost you above your max value and when it wears off, you should drop back down to your max level.

2nd Question:
You can boost strength (and your other attributes, int, will, end, per, etc) when you level. When you level you can increase 3 attributes. You may get a multiplier to this increase depending on which skills you have improved since your last level. If you increase a lot of stregth based skills, you will get a high multiplier to strength, and if you don't increase any intelligence based skill you will not get a multiplier to intelligence. When you gain a level and sleep, when you awake you get 3 "points" to increase your attributes. If you have a x5 mult for strength and you spend one of these points to increase stregth, your strength will increase by 5
You can also boost strength with the aforementioned Fortify stregth potions and spells.

I'm not familiar with the pilgrim but heres some basic advice/rules. You gain a level when you increase your major/minor skills a total of 10 levels (e.g. one skill increased 10 times, 5 skills increased 2 each etc.) So if you practice your major and minor skills you will gain levels quickly. Also these skill advance faster than misc skills. That said, do what you enjoy. If you want to run around collecting plants and making potions, practice Alchemy, Athletics (to run quickly) and Speechcraft (so you can sell your potions for more) and raise your Intelligence and Personality. If you want to go kill monsters with your sword, practice your sword skill and raise your Agility (to hit more often and get hit less often) and Strength (to do more damage and get knocked down less).

Hope this helps. There are more informed posts on this topic (including the exact formula for how the multiplier mentioned above is calculated) somewhere on the board. Look for topics like "Leveling."
Old 07-31-2002, 01:18 PM   #3
OldBigfoot
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert:
I can't find any mention of it in the book, and I have no idea when or why it happened, but my strength is 32 while everything else is higher, and my strength is the only one in the red. I know I started the game off with a strength of 30 (I am a high elf, and the x-box made me a pilgrim based on my answering questions)

I am level 2 and I'm pretty sure I advanced my strength.

My question is
why is it red?
how can i boost strength?
as a high elf pilgrim should i continue boosting my short blade medium armor, of should i start doing magik (aside from the healing I already do)

sorry, whatta friggin newbie!
The red color means the attribute--strength in this case--has been drained. You probably got zapped by a bonewalker of some sort [img]smile.gif[/img] You need to take a RESTORE STRENGTH potion, or use a spell of that type. I believe it's also possible to be restored at a temple, but I never tried that myself. I'm a warrior type myself, so I'll let someone else advise about training your Pilgrim [img]smile.gif[/img]

OldBigfoot
OldBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 01:36 PM   #4
Mister Natural
Manshoon

...and white means your particular attribute is boosted higher than what your current level would normally be.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:53 PM   #5
Desert
Welcomed New User

wow thanks for takin the time to help me out!
Old 08-01-2002, 04:34 PM   #6
Lox
Manshoon

Well I did some testing last night and it appears the FORTIFY potion are not a permanant fix. My down attribute went back into the red when the potion wore off. Gotta go with RESTORE potion or spell.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:06 PM   #7
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

RESTORE effects replace stats lost due to disease or magic.

FORTIFY Effects increase your stats temporarily, the difference between this and RESTORE is that FORTIFY can increase your stats above their current limit. E.g If you had 90 strength (un-drained) you could take a fortiy strength potion to temporarily increase it to 100.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 10:29 PM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Find a place to sleep then click sleep until healed!
As long as you are in a legal sleep zone it works every time.
I am level 93 warrior and almost indistructable but even I need
to sleep from time to time.