Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-04-2002, 09:34 AM   #1
emod
Welcomed New User

I'm in the Asylum...running the gauntlet...and I've found the boot machine.
I've tried it with 10 tokens (boots of insulation) and 15 tokens (boots of speed), but I currently have 19 mithril tokens. Is there a way to get 20 mithril tokens, or is this just a tease to make me wander for hours re-searching piles of crap for a silly pair of boots?
emod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 09:48 AM   #2
cemius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think there are 21 tokens? Not sure where they are all at.
cemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 09:50 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

I believe there are even more, something like 23 or so ....
But the max. number of tokens that gets you anything is 20

one piece of advice though, save before you put 20 tokens in that machine, so you can reload if you think 20 tokens just aint worth it
Old 01-04-2002, 09:51 AM   #4
Iqbal_khi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you can find a grand total of 21 tokens... since they're scattered all over the place, I can't tell you exactly where the last two are. A walk through should help, but seriously, the boots of speed is the best item to get(unless you're soloing)
Iqbal_khi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 01:29 PM   #5
Guk73
Dungeon Master

I got the boots of speed and with what i had left got boots of cold (I think), which can be sold if you dont want it. Boots of speed is the best ones to get of all of them.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:44 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

You guys, it disapoints me that none of you have welcomed our new member.
So, on behalf of both me and the others,

WELCOME TO IW, EMOD! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Now, let me answer your question. Yes, you can get up to 21 mithril tokens, all spread around level 2 of the dungeon.
I cant pinpoint you to all, though.
ITEM SPOILER
And just if youre interested, the item you get for putting on 20 mithril tokens is the Jester's Chain +4.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 07:27 PM   #7
emod
Welcomed New User

Thanks to everyone for the replies.
Although, at this point, I'd almost rather have heard that there is only 19.
More random wandering I suppose. Good thing I'm willing to use the teleport cheat to get around.
emod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 06:57 AM   #8
Eledenil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

21 mithril plates in total. I still havent seen what the item you get with 20 tokens is like, cos the game crashed last night after I killed the golems (fortunately I saved), but the boots of haste are really cool, perfect for my assassin. I'm just wondering if there could be any use in that remaining mithril plate (21-20=1 plate left), maybe take it to Cromwell the dwarf and he can forge something nice with it? I think I remember him saying, when I met him for the first time, that he could use exotic things like scales or mithril. I'll have to wait untill I leave Brynnlaw, but does anyone know for sure if I'm right about this?
Eledenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 07:14 AM   #9
Eledenil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, Ive got the Jesters Mail but I dont see why it should be any good: CA 1, weighing 8 lb, is that it? Doesn't it have any magical properties?
I already have the Ankheg plate armour, which is CA 1 and weighs 25 lbs (good enough for the armpor class it gives), but I dont even use this one, and having no barbarian I dont think Ill want the jesters mail either. So should I just get the boots of speed and one of the other pairs for selling? Hmm, anyway, I cant wait to get Gessens Bow forged at Cromwell's, and see if he can use the remaing mithril plate.
Eledenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 02:44 PM   #10
Kikakee
Dungeon Master

Hey, can't you get mithril token other places? As I recall, I found one on someone outside of the assylum.
Kikakee is offline   Reply With Quote