Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-17-2001, 05:17 PM   #221
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Oh no let me interogate it him, Im very good at hurting things, I know ill slowly turn him to stone from the feet up, my friend Raist did that to his enemies that or ill magically genetically blend him with various forms of fungi. Im a nice Elf.

The sorcerer steps into the demiplane of shadow ready to emerge when something happens.

------------------
Old 07-17-2001, 08:15 PM   #222
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Suddenly, the Greater Earth Elemental explodes into a ball of fire. Everyone turns to see a woman with fuzzy legs and a Black Knight. Everyone draws their weapons, and all hell breaks loose. Jabidas, closing the portal, sees that the Thief has gotten away, and that Rhazor seems to be missing also. He thinks to himself, *Typical*
OOC: I can't do this whole thing by myself, so I'll stop here.
IC:
Old 07-18-2001, 02:26 AM   #223
Grinch
The Magister

Lord Raptor quickly faces off against one of the fighters,who begins back-pedaling away from the enraged rooster and his flashing Katana. Ash who had been following behind Lord Raptor,quickly casts a Protection from Evil on himself and steps forward to square off against the Black knight.
"Your money and your leg wax,or a Lady Bic!" demands the ebon clad knight in a hollow ethereal voice."
"Yield Knight,and do not go to eternity unsanctified." Ash replies raising the Holy Avenger in a guard position. Off to one side he hears the fighters pleading for mercy from Lord Raptor,where the woman has gone he has no idea. He blocks the Black Knight's first swing with practiced ease,and the next,and the one that follows. Though this dark knight does not tire,he does not have Ash's most powerful resource;the experience of hundreds of battles against creatures far more formidable than the one facing him.Ash deftly turns aside another swing,although the ebony blade of the dark knight strikes sparks and flashes of light as it strikes against Carsomyr it cannot get past to reach the Undead Hunter who calmly deflects every blow that comes against him.In truth the Dark Knight is strong,possibly even as strong as Ash,certainly as quick. Also Ash cannot explain to himself the odd reluctance he has to end the battle and the knight's life. He continues to parry the attack of the increasingly frustrated knight.
"Again I say to thee,yield or perish."
The dark knight responds by closing the distance slamming up against Ash's guard until their faces are less than an inch from each other. Ash can feel then the unearthly cold radiating from this armored creature.
"I am a force of darkness and evil,you will fall before me, you foolish paladin."
"Nay,Dark one." Ash forces stength into his arms pushing the knight away,"Darkness shall always give way before the light." Their swords blur again,striking sparks into the darkness.
OOC: I'm trying to be fair-handed in what I write, I hope I am succeeding.

------------------
Grinch
Old 07-18-2001, 03:37 AM   #224
Lord Shield

Intermission here: ANNOUNCEMENT, FOLKS

Slackerboy has been including characters at http://slackerboy.iwarp.com with downloadbable characters.

One section is “Legends”, based on IW members. To submit characters, he will need the .BIO and .CHR files from the character directory and both portrait files.

I shall be submitting Lord Raptor, the evil chicken avenger of course

Back to the story, the titanic battle is somewhat interrupted as a flighty winged elf flits around the two knights and pulls their underpants over their heads

Lord Raptor grins. He normally runs faster than a man anywa, but also has Boots of Speed. He wades into his opponent, blows smashing right and left, forcing the target to be on the defensive.

Not long after, Wah and Jabidas look at the opposition. Wah doesn't shout or threaten. He just says "surrender". He has a floating skull next to him with glowing eyes

Kangaxx goes "Can I have 'em, Wah? Go on, let me 'ave 'em"

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-18-2001, 02:23 PM   #225
Lord Shield

BUMP!

Old 07-18-2001, 04:19 PM   #226
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Finding it hard to rearrange his underwear while still holding off the frantic blows of the small bird that seems to be able to dissapear and reappear at will the knight quickly errected a sanctuary to protect himself. Raising his rune axes above his head with a florish, the warriors eyes flashed with blue light.

"Like playing games chicken-boy", lightning began to ball around him "well if you want to play with fire, prepare to get BURNED!!!"

There was a flash and a rush of wind as the assembled adventurers were blown aside by a massive wave of thunder.

"You like apples chicken... do ya like apples.. well, how you like *those* apples. Hey Delphie did you see that, that was pretty good wasen't it. Classic evil gloat before impressive trick. It was from the manual and everything."

"Not now" Delphie had suddenly become very uneasy... usually her opponents either begged for mercy or began boasting about how badly they were about to beat her right before they got incinerated. She didn't imagine that any of the three facing her, namely Kangaxx Wah and Jabidas had ever done the previous and wouldn't have needed to do the latter, they seemed to raidiate confidence.

It wasn't that she terribly worried that they were powerfull magic users, with her staff in hand she had enslaved worlds with the best of them. It's just that she wasn't used to beings of enourmous power being so *quiet*.

"Not a good day to be me." focusing her mind Delphie prepared to join battle.

OOC: Not sure how we can work this one out.. I can't imagine anyone being so bold as to actually suggest to be Wah's equal in the magical arts, on the other hand don't want this to be too easy, weak villains leave me so unsatisfied

BTW please allow me a little creative licence in this battle, my knight is fighting a *lot* of people in this battle and it's hard to keep track of what they are all doing.

[This message has been edited by Ace Flashheart (edited 07-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ace Flashheart (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 06:54 PM   #227
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Ok first things first Lord Shield whats this charecter site thing about, it might be a little difficult for me to put my char on it because I dont connect to the internet on the same computer I play at. ok back to the story.

As the battle gets larger the sorcerer has to chose a patch of darkness further away than he would like to remerge from the plane of shadows. He pauses momenterily to gain his focus and again, he pushes his hair back over his shoulders absentmindedly as his green slanted eyes sharpen deciding what to do.

The Elf concentrates , he pulls in the energy around him focusing his inner power, creating the art there and then a living energy not the dull memorisations of mages thousands of years gone. Jabidas controls the energies seeing himself as a boat on a great river controlling the flow. The sorcerers hand spill forth colour briefly and are then are covered in fire he runs to his enemies touching them briefly they collapse to the ground covered in flames, there eyes become jellied tears flowing down as their faces crack in the heat. The screams sound like nothing natural,He ignores them for now but he knows they will plauge his dreams later.

------------------
Old 07-18-2001, 07:43 PM   #228
Lord Shield

Lord Raptor laughed at them apples. Sanctuary has been used against him before. Circling the warrior, his enemy hears spellcasting and suchlike in the rest of the fight. One of these was Dispel Magic from Viconia

When the sactuary drops, Lord Raptor lets rip with a Chromatic Orb. The warrior grimaces as he fights the urge to turn to stone. The distraction is enough, though. When he recovers he canot see the chicken. Then, something sharp slices into his ack and out his front - h's been backstabbed!

OOC: Yes, Lord Raptor used this same trick with Karnas earlier. It was my most common tactic in the game

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-18-2001, 11:22 PM   #229
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Exactly how many baddies are we facing here? I thought there were only 2..
IC: A sudden howl gives Delphie the shivers. As she is trying to fend off three enemies at one time, she never noticed what was coming up behind her. A swift blow, and she is sent sprawling on the floor. She recovers to see an enormous silver Werewolf. The beasts eyes flash brightly, and then the wolf seems to disappear..
OOC: With only two baddies, I can't really do anything..
IC:
Old 07-18-2001, 11:51 PM   #230
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: Writing grates on the soul and, apparently, the lower back as well. I hope I'm keeping everyone interested just say the word and we'll surrender/run away.

IC: Thief liked being a prisoner, true you were captured by people who almost undoubtly would want to, at some point, kill you but it was a difinate improvement over the other kind of enemy, the kind that didn't take prisoners. You might be powerless and helpless tied/incased/bound to whatever it had been appriopriate to keep you captured in but at least you knew your opponent didn't want you dead *that* badly.

As an added bonus being hung upside down from the celing had given Thief the perfect vantage point to witness the events of the last few seconds.

There had been a massive flash and rush of wind followed by the shape of a paladin arms flailing wildly flying through the air, a massive explosion as Wah and Delphie had begun powering up, sending a wall of power between the two as their magical auras had vied for supiriority. A cloud of feathers and a low grunt followed by the image of a foot high farmyard animal trusting the curved edge of it's Katana through the back of the black knight.

There was a sound like a thousand peices of chalk being drawn across a black board as century old metal was subjected to piston like pressure, the noise finally ended with a snap and the sound of Celestial Fury sliding out of the anti-paladins back. Turning round to face Lord Raptor the black clad figure handed him back the end of his weapon's blade.

Squatting to face the chicken the warrior spoke.
"I really don't mind that you're trying to kill me, I get that all the time. Mostly from Delphie. Mostly in my sleep. However, if you do want to kill me don't use a weapon enchanted with lightning. These" he held his rune axes up to the chickens face," are dwarven rune axes, not just any rune axes... ones created by royal appointment and if there is one thing Dwarves don't like, it's magic so these two guys here were created to protect their owner from all magical energy using the boundless power of the heavens i.e. lightning."

Reaching forward to grasp the fowl by the neck the knight rasied the chicken off his feet.

"Now what I really need now is some healing, and you're the perfect candidate." Tightening his grip and reciving an ingratious squark in return (that is best not translated for the benifit of younger readers) the anti-paladin began to drain the life force from Lord Raptors body.