Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-08-2001, 01:32 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Whats the longest battel youve had in BG 2,in real time that is..

The longest i had was once i sided with Bodhi (i deleted that game of course) adn i had to go attack Aran Linval,you had to take out alll the Shaddow thiefs there,just in the first room it took me a good 20 min. in real time. I was low level,keep in mind..
Old 05-08-2001, 01:43 PM   #2
Vampire

hehehehe...good topic!
I was quite new to the magic of BG2, despite playing BG1 and IWD and ther expansion packs! When I attacked Tanova the Vampiric Mage. I didn't know what mislead and project image was! So I had to kill her 7 times! The battle lasted 16 minutes!!!!
Old 05-08-2001, 01:44 PM   #3
Evil Jake

On my first time through the game I must have spent 20-30 minutes trying to defeat the vampire lair inside Firk's dungeon. I was really low level..I mean no Daystar maybe 9th level charactors. No Restoration scrolls , no wands....Arrg. It turned out to be one of the toughest moments in the entire game!

Old 05-08-2001, 01:47 PM   #4
Lord Shield

If you mean a single battle, rather than an on-going genocidal spree, I would have to say it was the first time I beat the Shadow Dragon. I re-loaded because Aerie got killed by one of Imoen's lightning bolts, and Minsc killed Imoen for doing so (it was this lightning bolt which killed the dragon)

Old 05-08-2001, 01:54 PM   #5
ShadowUK

That damn battle with Kangax took me ages.........
waitying for his protection spells to run out ( i know you can do it by going out of the room and resting, but that's just cheasy)

------------------
Old 05-08-2001, 01:55 PM   #6
Joel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Argh, that horrible Thax'illysillya or what's it's name - kept draining my player's levels and sending them to death. I reloaded about 10 times on him before I managed to (painfully) get him low enough to finish with magic missile.

Also Kangaxx can be brutal depending on your stats + strats.
Old 05-08-2001, 01:58 PM   #7
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The battle at the tree of life. It was mayhem with summoned creatures switching sides constantly from confusion and charms and my guys scattering in all directions to get away from irenicus.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-08-2001, 02:10 PM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

when it takes too long, i get pissed. i restrategize. and when i do, it only lasts about five minutes. if get really frustrated, i cheat. no prob.

------------------

I am Bahamut... and this Chiharu.
Old 05-08-2001, 03:06 PM   #9
Gimlee
Elminster

The twisted rune was a long battle for me, I was not a high level character. After like 10 minutes of fighting, and a couple of death spells, they always killed me. So I decided to do this quest when I would return from chapter 5 or6, don't remeber the #.
Old 05-08-2001, 03:13 PM   #10
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually, the one where you are looking for a book for someone and have to kill all the Genies?!?! I know they are not Genies, but that's what they looked like and I can't think of what they are suppost to be. Anyways, I went in, beat the invisible one, then got the dragon sword and dragon armor. When I went out, that #@(*U$#(* attacked me and kept killing off my party. The last time I tried that night I fought for 40 minutes and both my clerics died (one from poison, one from doing the harper's call spell that failed). Really pissed me off. Worse thing was I tried it the next day and beat it in 5 minutes with much better tactics and REALLY made me made then.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?