Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 04:33 PM   #1
Halx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,
I want to get a barbarian, but it doesn´t work..
I killed at least 20 creatures and returned to warriors guild, but nothing happend.. And I killed these foes without weapons (but I wore armor) an on my own (without other partymembers..) Is there another thing I forgot? Or is it essential to kill exactly 20 foes? Are there special foes to kill or counts every opponent, also bats and worgues?
And what have I to do in the guild when I go back there??

Greetinx
Halx
Halx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:49 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The actual kills have to be made by the very party member that you want to become a barbarian. I.e. the person who is to become a barbarian has to be the one who gets the credit for the kill, though others may assist the kill.
I know that returning to the priest og bushi guild before having completed monk training results in resetting the mission. I believe that is also the case with the barbarian mission. So you have to be sure to have made all the kills before returning to the guild.
On the "personal stats" screen the number of kills made by the character is listed. Yoy have to check that figure before leaving the guild, and then first return when that figure is at least 20 higher. You can strike the foes with any weapon you like, but I do not thing you are allowed to use magic.
Just return with your barbarian-to-be as the active character, and the guildmaster should perform the promotion.

[ 03-24-2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 03-25-2003, 04:01 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

The Barbarian quest. It's your future barbarian who has to score 20 kills, not the party.
Check the "kills" stat of your barbarian in the Stats screen. Add 20. When the "kills" stat reaches the resulting number, the quest is complete.
The fastest way of completing the barbarian quest is sending your future barbarian alone in the wilderness - if you can afford it. All killed monsters will count to the barbarian's "kills" stat. Tips:
- There is a short passage through the woods right from the "traveller" location. At the end of the passage, 12 worgurs are waiting.
- You can go fishing if you have gained access to the river. There are always bags of piranhas there. Going fishing is the simplest way of completing the quest.
- Do not forget to give your future barbarian all your healing potions if you are sending him alone to the wilderness [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 06:38 AM   #4
the mighty stamar

Im doing this quest also and Ive killed at least 50 things.

Im sure now it must reset when I return to the armory. So ...one...more....time. All 20 at once.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:57 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

Oops! Another bug in the game has been found? Most likely. Okay. At least, I can confirm the following:
- You can enter the town whenever you want without resetting the quest.
- You can heal in the Temple as many times you want without resetting the quest.

Therefore, bypass the armory while you are completing the quest.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:23 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And don't forget that rats, cockroaches, and glowflies all count toward the kill total. You don't have to kill just things that can fight back
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 11:38 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Well visiting the armory should not be a problem. I have tried that and that didn´t pose any problems for me. [img]smile.gif[/img] What I would be interested in knowing is that if Smitty actually mentions the barbarian quest at all? Does he say "To become a barbarian you have to....." or does he remain silent? If he remains silent it is a bug. Installing the patch should help you out there. Also check the number of kills. Has it increased or has it perhaps dropped to a lower number? That happened to me once. My proud paladin with 500+ kills suddenly had only killed 12!
Old 03-25-2003, 08:39 PM   #8
Featherstone
Dungeon Master

Also to help your Barbarian wannabee, take the enire party with you

1. Make sure that only the "fighting" or as the Americans say "offensive" movements are by the Barb wannabee
2. The other party members can assist with "defensive" activities such as healing, shields, bless spells etc
3. Once that has happened and they are scrolling thru the players actions have them attempt to "steal" from the target. This keeps the actions scrolling thru the party without interfereing with the Quest

Also this way generally means you dont have to re-enter the town for healing etc untill you have the full quota of 20 kills

On another, albeit related subject, someone mentioned killing fish, glowfly and butterfly's
Sure that make work, but what sort of a Barbarian are you gunne be if you slaughter 20 buterrflies!!!!
Imagine the talk in the Boogre Bar

Barbarian One: " there I was knee deep in troll arrows, down to my last Heal potion and some wolf beasts charged in on me"
Barbarian Two: " Yes I know where your coming from, I was knee deep in butterly wings and..."
Old 03-25-2003, 09:58 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The key thing is that your barbarian candidate(s) need to make the killing blows. Anyone can assist, but they need to make the final shot.

And before you jump off on killing those little defenseless creatures, Featherstone, have you ever tried it? I swear those cokcroaches must have an AC of around 40....

But yeah, one's list of kills might not be quite so impressive. Guess I'd better get over to the Boogre Bar and order me a foo-foo drink.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:51 AM   #10
the mighty stamar

I put the patch in and suddenly the armorer awarded me that quest and a couple others.

Thanks that was the problem willowix.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote