Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-05-2004, 05:09 AM   #21
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Did anyone else find the bright colours of Variol's post amusing when taken with the context? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I don't do drugs, but I did weed up until a year ago, and don't see much of a problem with it, so long as its taken moderately... harder drugs are a definite no for me though...

Drinking I have no problem with, in moderation, but even getting wasted every once in a while isn't a big deal...
Old 11-05-2004, 05:34 AM   #22
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Oh, just last night we were at the inlaws for my wife's birthday. They told us about a guy here in town who was stopped for a routine check the day before. They were just checking vehicle stickers etc. The guy was in a half-ton and had just come back from the liquor store with beer and booze. The cop happened to notice it on the rumble seat, unopened. The man was forced to take all of it, open it and pour it into the ditch! The law in this province prohibits alcohol in the car. It must be in a locked truck. The guy has a truck and I'm sure he didn't want it bouncing around in the back. He then was charged with a $454.00 fine! Now that's a bit much.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:42 AM   #23
wellard
Dracolisk

You did the right thing Rev Ruby, [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] check youre pm,s !

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-05-2004, 07:36 AM   #24
Raumiel Hellilenda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You definitely did the right thing, Ruby. I am sure those kids will be better off in the long run for it. It sounds like a horribly unsafe and painful situation for them to be in.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:39 AM   #25
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
The man was forced to take all of it, open it and pour it into the ditch! The law in this province prohibits alcohol in the car. It must be in a locked truck. The guy has a truck and I'm sure he didn't want it bouncing around in the back. He then was charged with a $454.00 fine! Now that's a bit much.
Canada...

See, our cops would've just confiscated the beer, for, uuummm, evidence...

OK, to be honest, this is again the differences between states / provinces. Last winter, three friends & I, holding / drinking open beers on the streets of Edmonton, asked some cops where a good liquor store was.

They told us [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2004, 08:57 AM   #26
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Actually, i was very young too when i drank my first beer, I remember that my grandfather let me have a taste of his beer. He said something like "here, try this, you're gonna love this when you grow older". I was 7 back then, and indeed, i thought it tasted like crap, way too bitter for the likes of me. How things have changed over the years.
Hmm, true true. At first I couldn't stand the stuff so I stuck to mainly Vodka mixes (Vodka/Fanta, etc).

When I got a bit older, it didn't taste like 10 year old shoe anymore, but lovely yeasty beer instead!

My favourite drink being Tequila Sunrise now btw.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:12 AM   #27
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
(Vodka/Fanta, etc)
Stop me if I'm wrong, but does the thought of Fanta mixed with anything -- especially vodka -- make anyone else want to lose their breakfast? [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2004, 01:45 PM   #28
Lady Sedai
Banned User

yeah, aleph, it does.

The only way I like vodka is with orange juice and then, I'm more of a tequila drinker. heh

Same here, Siggy...Looooove the tequila sunrise.

And Revs, you are spot on trying to get those kids some help. But please, if you're gonna take on the responsibility of reporting these people AND if they *do* finally remove the man from the equation, make sure you help the woman all you can (like finding a shelter or financial help) if necessary. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2004, 04:37 PM   #29
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
(Vodka/Fanta, etc)
Stop me if I'm wrong, but does the thought of Fanta mixed with anything -- especially vodka -- make anyone else want to lose their breakfast? [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [/QUOTE][img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Fanta (preferably of the "Fruit Twist" variety) and Sprite are the ultimate mixer bases!

They conceal the strong (personally unappealing) aftertaste associated with vodka nicely, but they somehow allow the initial "punch" of the vodka to shine through IMO.

Lady Sedai, I'm glad to hear it! Nothing beats it!
Old 11-05-2004, 05:33 PM   #30
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I think Nova Scotia is the only province which has this. We're also the only province to have "No Sunday shopping"!