Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #11
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

One of the reasons why I stopped playing mmogs. It was funny at first seeing people use those things. But later it becomes pure annoyance.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #12
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Indeed. Doing things wrong on purpose is not something you should be proud of.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:11 AM   #13
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I use '0wned' and so on whenever I'm being sarcastic or mocking. Same with most AIM abbreviations.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #14
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
But, it's actually HARDER to type 1337 than it is to type leet, or elite, so when you're doing that you're taking time and effort to show us you're an f-tard, and we will happily /ignore you for life.
I always thought (though i could be wrong) that the whole leetspeek thang was concieved as a human-eyes-only language that is almost impossible for a computer program to read. If you want to say something over a network and don't want keywords picked up and flagged for analysis, you use some form of leet.

I'm happy to ignore most of the ftards that use it to look cool though.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:55 AM   #15
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
quote:
But, it's actually HARDER to type 1337 than it is to type leet, or elite, so when you're doing that you're taking time and effort to show us you're an f-tard, and we will happily /ignore you for life.
I always thought (though i could be wrong) that the whole leetspeek thang was concieved as a human-eyes-only language that is almost impossible for a computer program to read. If you want to say something over a network and don't want keywords picked up and flagged for analysis, you use some form of leet.

[/QUOTE]Are you saying that terrorists can use l33tsp33k to send messages?

"OMGZ infid31 L4m3rZ U SUK 11111!!!! 4ll4h pwnz!!!!111111"
Old 02-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #16
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Are you saying that terrorists can use l33tsp33k to send messages?

"OMGZ infid31 L4m3rZ U SUK 11111!!!! 4ll4h pwnz!!!!111111"
[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure that whoever runs the web monitering programs has already taken 1337 into consideration. Back when it was first concieved, however...

It's also pretty hard to tell a computer how to read a language with no set alphabet. Throw in a few spelling mistakes, slang and languages other than English and it gets even harder. Wrap your whole keyboard scribble message in layers of meaningless gobbledegook and none other than the human who is intended to see it will ever know...

I don't condone such things, however. Of course not!
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:05 AM   #17
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]That's how it started of course, but it has grown into a fad since then, sort of like "All your base are belong to us" I can guarantee most americans never saw the game it came from because that translation was released only in Europe, but it caught on and spread like wildfire.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #18
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Haha Morgeruat, All your base are belong to us is classic, have you heard the dance remix of it? Crazy stuff!

Nice pics Johnny! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 02-16-2006, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: RoSs_bg2_rox ]
Old 02-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #19
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Thus spoke Morgeruat:
..."All your base are belong to us"...
I actually played that game. It was quite fun for a short time. And I usually died pretty soon, so it didn't have time to get boring.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #20
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
Haha Morgeruat, All your base are belong to us is classic, have you heard the dance remix of it? Crazy stuff!

Nice pics Johnny! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Yeah, it's pretty wild, *chuckle* oh and speaking of "all your base" jokes did you know that Al Qaeda means "the Base"