Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2000, 08:51 PM   #1
lord evil

Ther is a +5 sword that is only usable by an anti-paladin. I did some bad things with my paladin and became a fallen but could still not use this sword.

Old 10-19-2000, 12:09 AM   #2
Larry

You got me!!
Never knew it existed,,,
though I don't care much for the Paladin life anyway...sorry

Old 10-19-2000, 12:35 AM   #3
lord evil

I would be cool to have special abilities to slay paladins, they are the most annoying goodys there are. lets help this person for no reward yea right

Old 10-19-2000, 02:04 AM   #4
lordkymil

what sword are you talking about and where did you find it?

Old 10-19-2000, 05:04 AM   #5
Tobbin
Red Dragon

An anti-Paladin is not something you can become in the game. This type of character is the epitome of chaotic evil. He is a fighter that aspires to true evil and choas. A fallen Paladin is someone who does not quite make the mark Lawful Good wise. An anti-Paladin strictly devotes his life to the purge of all things good and true. In other terms, he is the Chaotic Evil Cleric (although you can play this). He gains his spells and spheres of influence from these same Chaotic Evil dieties.
Old 10-20-2000, 09:44 AM   #6
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

If I remember back to playing AD&D many years ago, an Anti-Paladin was as the previous contributor said a Chaotic Evil Character, but he was a fighter class character with the reverse of the Paladins powers (Cause light wounds, protection from good, cause disease etc). A completely bad individual !.
Old 10-21-2000, 12:26 AM   #7
IRAKZAI

I WAS DISSAPOINTED THAT THEY DID NOT INCLUDE THIS CLASS SEEING THAT THEY HAVE INCLUDED THE ASSASIN CLASS AND HAVE ALLOWED FOR EVIL ROLEPLAYING IN BGII.

WHAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND! IS WHY INCLUDE A WEAPON THAT CAN ONLY BE USED BY A CLASS THAT IS NOT ALLOWED ?

DURING MY MANY YEARS OF RPG I HAVE PLAYED MANY DIFFERENT CHARACTERS AND THE ANTI-PALADIN WAS A LOT OF FUN AND JUST AS CHALLANGING AS PLAYING A PALADIN.

BEING CHAOTIC EVIL ISN'T AS EASY AS YOU WOULD THINK.

THE +5 UNHOLY REAVER IS A WAY COOL WEAPON. AND EVEN BETTER IF IT HAS A PERSONALITY.

Old 10-21-2000, 12:49 AM   #8
Larr2

So, Jerome has some pretty tough powers eh?? Thanks for the warnings...
I will remember to always call him "sir".

Old 10-21-2000, 12:55 AM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

I DEMAND TO KNOW THE LOCATION OF THIS ARTIFACT, IT WOULD PROVE MOST USEFUL TO ME IN MY QUEST.

AS FOR BEING AN ANTI PALADIN, ANYONE WHO OPPOSES GOOD IS IN THEORY AN ANTI PALADIN BUT ONLY A SELECT FEW (ME FOR EXAMLE) HAVE TRULY EMBRACED THE SPIRIT OF EVIL SOUNDS LIKE FUN DON'T IT???

SO SAYETH JEROME THE DARK AVENGER
Old 10-21-2000, 12:55 AM   #10
Glorick the Half-Orc

The Paladin is one who upholds the extreme of Lawful Good. An anti-paladin is one who upholds the extreme of Chaotic Evil. Either can become "fallen" if they do not obey their alignment 100%.

The anti-paladin is not played in the games becuase it would be impossible to follow your alignment of Chaotic Evil 100% and still finish the game.

The Githyanki are often anti-paladins.

To be honest, an anti-paladin is silly. The mere nature of being Chaotic and "upholding" chaotic seems to imply following "rules", thus making you drift towards "LE". IMO, the Githyanki being anti-paladins is silly because they work together, have rules, and cooperate. That implies order instead of Chaos. Anti-Paladins should be "LE", not "CE", then they could be role-played. I took this up with TSR a while ago (like 15 years ago), lol, and they agreed though they never changed it. It would make role-playing fun - you could kill and side with whoever as long as you kept your word.