Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-18-2002, 05:05 AM   #1
LennonCook
Jack Burton

My party is Me (Jester level 17), Jaheira level 11/13, Keldorn level 14, Edwin level 14, and Yoshi level 17.

I have the Shield of Balduron, but Jaheira keeps getting dominated. I have tried the tactic of sending off some hasted summons to deal with the Vampire and Thief, but the mordakiens swords get hit by a death spell. And the fact that they are all resistant to insect plague doesn`t help me too much. I have read that the mage is the easiest, as she summons a pit fiend but doesn`t use Prot from Evil... only problem is, she uses protection from evil.
What should I do to beat these guys ??
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 07:51 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

The Mage is protected from evil, she uses the Staff of the Magi.

Now, I would suggest that you summon some helpers to defeat them. Skeleton Warriors are nice, if you can summon them. Elements are also good. Cast Death Ward on your warriors, if you have it, included the summoned ones. This should protect them from the Death Spells. Make Yoshi, Jaheira and Keldorn help the summoned troops with killing all the non-spellcasting enemies.
Also summon two Mordenkainen's Swords, and make these take care of Shangalar, while your Jester and Edwin takes care of the Mage.

Hopefully, this will work pretty well. I wish you the best of luck. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 01:40 PM   #3
Kronostia
The Magister

ctrl+y is a lovely thing lol

But i take it u dont do that kind of thingys...

I got one piece of advise, kill them without them killing you back. Great tip huh
Old 07-18-2002, 01:52 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kronostia:
ctrl+y is a lovely thing lol

But i take it u dont do that kind of thingys...

I got one piece of advise, kill them without them killing you back. Great tip huh
"...and the award for the tip of the day goes to: Kronostia!"
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 04:02 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Listen to the advice from the first post, but add this....
The fourth level priest spell Chaotic Commands will keep Jahiera (or anyone else for that matter) from being dominated. Cast Protection from Evil 10' on your team (After you summon your beasties, so they get warded, too.. Then the demon will ignore your party and that mage, so it shall commence to rip apart the other guys and the Beholder.)
You should also cast True Sight, and have Dispel Magics and such ready.. If you can, take out the lady mage first and GRAB THE STAFF! It dispels magic on every hit, makes the wearer invisible, and adds 2 to AC.. Then USE IT!
Tempus bless, and have fun!

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:12 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Their Death Spell killed your Mordy's Sword? So just summon a Kobold beforehand, and watch with glee as they cheerfully Death Spell it.

Me, I prefer the long, drawn-out strategy in this battle--stay near the entrance & take them out 1 by 1.